Chapter Twenty Six, pt 2

Start from the beginning

The head elf begins recounting the past. "The black mana clung onto the host while the unborn king was still in the womb and planted itself deeply to the unborn's core. The cub was fortunate to be born not as a tainted monster due to Maya's effort easing the lioness's struggle during the delivery. Even so, the cub's health was frail, hence, any attempt of uprooting the black mana completely risked losing the cub's life and the Lion Pride will be without a king. Observing the cub grow, nourishing it with special grade potions and periodically cast light and recovery magic was the only way to delay the black mana devouring the young king from within."

"In conclusion, you're saying the complex part lies with the core."

Before the elf sage could say any more, Roy compiles his words to one sentence and divulge the declining condition of the young king based on Iris's diagnosis.

Lord Sol covers his face with one hand and mumbles, "Is there nothing to be done?"

"There is a way, a way to catch the pest."

"Let's hear it."

"Mana signature. The kid mentioned it before and that got me thinking, could it not be used to locate which part on the young king's body the pest is lurking and focus on it?"

"Hmm... that certainly might work. Iris is highly perceptive with mana, she could very easily trace it to the core," the elf sage ponder.

Roy relays the whole plan via the magi communication device.

"This plan of yours is risky," Lord Sol bluntly expresses his thoughts. "Since the young king cannot handle the added strain to its body, Iris will have to manage several spells simultaneously with accurate precision using her so-called wand."

"I'll take care of her mana depletion but I can't guarantee how she'll be able to take on the pest once she nears the core. The kid doesn't have the training nor the experience."

After quick yet careful consideration, the elf sage speaks. "Make certain Iris doesn't force her way towards the core. Tell her to do it slowly and carefully. In the meantime, I will scour the archives pertaining to the core and head to the sanctuary as soon as I find something useful."

On that note, Roy cut off the communication.

The head elf leans back in his chair and takes a moment to process his thoughts. A minute later, he walks out of his office, down the hall to where Kinai's office is located. The door to Kinai's office is constantly slightly open because he finds it a nuisance to repetitively hear knocking sound since people regularly come in and out of his office to deliver paperwork and guards giving their daily reports. The only elf who knocks on Kinai's door would be the head elf.

knock, knock.

Every elf present in Kinai's office glance at the door. Kinai promptly stands from his chair and strides towards the head elf. Behind Kinai, three of his assistants respectfully greet Lord Sol, seeming unflustered by their lord's appearance.

"What do you need, my lord?"

Kinai goes straight to the point.