Chapter Fourteen, pt 3

I made five more cups of rose syrup water. The remaining two cups are for Auntie El and me. Luda and Roy compliment the taste. I'm relieved the taste is to their liking. While everyone is enjoying their beverage, I seal back the mana I let out. Roy watches the glowing light on my hair fades and the pink hue return to the way it usually is.

Roy meets my eyes and explain. "When a child turns five, the mana in their body begins to manifest into a magic attribute that suits them. It would take around five years or less if they are skilful, in learning to control their mana alone and when they turn twelve, it is mandatory to attend an academy for at least the first two years to learn the basics."

As I recall, seventeen is the age of a full-fledged adult in this world.

"Humans do not possess much mana to easily control it the way elves and dwarves do. Your case is unprecedented since the age of the hero." Luda comments.

"Mine father shouts to the mountain in great pleasure when I fire him with mine magic when I was a young babe." Chief slide in titbit of himself with pride.

"Iris had full control of her mana in less than a day. She hasn't been prone to burning out in the very least." Lord Sol states.

Auntie El attests to it as well. Somehow, Chief looks defeated by that information.

"By my will, Luda has agreed to teach you earth magic. He has my permission to teach you about golems as well." Chief announces as an attempt to change the flow of conversation.

Oh, my intuition was right. Luda possesses earth attributes.

Lord Sol shake his head in disbelief and mutter incomprehensible words under his breath.

I turn to Chief. "Isn't Kif teaching me when you're not around?"

Luda responds instead. "Master Kif's speciality is more towards craftsmanship. There are different branches to learning earth magic. While I do not possess the dexterity to make magi tools, I am skilful at constructing golems."

"He cares more about golems than actual people," Roy remarks.

"The only reason I am preoccupied with golems is because of the task Chief has left me with."

Chief questions Luda with a mischievous grin. "Have you made a golem strong enough to withstand the force of mine hammer, Luda?"

Luda remains silent.

"Hou, are you giving up?" Chief deliberately says to provoke him.

Luda retaliates. "Please do not underestimate my effort thus far."

Roy inquires. "What's the condition of his passing grade again?"

"The golem has to remain standing after withstanding several hits."