Chapter Ten, pt 2

When I wake up this morning, Syl tells me there's somewhere for me to be. What's odder is that Jilko is coming along with us. Syl wouldn't tell us where or who we're meeting until we're standing in front of a building that says, 'Adventurer Guild'. People in protective gears and carrying swords, axes and spears are standing in front of one corner of the wall. Those must be the quest board. I'm curious to see what kind of quest are available in this world. Jilko nervously clings to my arm after the crowds become aware of our unusual appearance from the moment we walk in. I see young men are gawking at the elves' trio. Well, they're elves. Any men would react the same way when looking at beautiful women. I wonder if there would be anyone brave enough to approach us. Before anything could happen, a guild staff comes over to escort the five of us upstairs.

Guild master's office. Seriously. A person with an appearance that screams veteran adventurer is standing by the window with his sleeves rolled up, exposing his muscles. The guild master walks closer to us, carrying an imposing aura that is not caused by his broad chest and tall stature then suddenly bow his head. Syl explains the situation to Jilko and me who are oblivious of what's happening. The guild master wants to personally apologise to Jilko and express his gratitude to me for revealing the red tags on the guild cards.

Jilko is flustered. "Nom nom."

"She says you don't have to. It wasn't your fault."

It catches the guild master by surprise when I translate for Jilko.

Guild master raises his head, looking solemn. "An adventurer was making trouble and so as guild master, I have to take responsibility to make sure it never happens again. Another reason I ask for you is we need your help."

I point to myself. "Me?"

"Yes. Chief told us you were the mage who dispelled the magic on the guild cards. When we captured the mage accomplice, we found other guild cards in his belongings as well." Guild master pauses. "The problem is the mages in this town are not capable of unveiling hidden secrets. Also, we can't risk revealing this to the public yet without further confirmation Therefore..."

"You want me to check if nothing else is concealed. Sure." I finish his sentence.

Guild master places five guild cards on the table. I dispel it all at once and the information on the guild cards changes drastically. Guild master inspects each card carefully and found two of the five have red tags. He faces becomes serious.

"Is everything alright?" I ask.

Guild master recovers from his thoughts.

"Ah, yes. Thank you very much for your assistance. The guild owes you our gratitude."

We return to the ground floor with the guild master. Somehow, it has gotten rowdier. Adventurers are gathering at the corner of the guild, cheering while shooting their fist in the air.

"What's going on here?" Guild master asks one of the staff.

"A dwarf walks in and an adventurer asked for a match with him." The staff explains.

"It's not uncommon for a dwarf to become an adventurer. Why are they making a ruckus?"