68

As soon as a soft clicking of the door echoes through the halls, Katsuki stops in front of Kei's room, partially to give himself time to process things through but mostly to block a certain bi-colored male's way.

Thud.

This time, it was his turn to be pinned against the wall with a right elbow harshly pushing against his chest. He smugly smirks as he sees the other male with an unusually triggered expression, something which Shoto only shows when Endeavor comes in the picture—pure hatred.

"What did you do to her?" Shoto groans lowly in between gritted teeth.

"Why does it concern you, ha?" he grins wider in a provocative gesture.

"What did you do?" Shoto repeats but this time, with more emphasis.

"Wanna fight it out, Icy-Hot?" Katsuki stretches his eyes in thrill as he firmly grabs the other male's arm. The tension was already toxic and suffocating, to say the least and one misinterpreted movement can lead to unprecedented dangers. Shoto's right hand was already emitting a cold fog from his suppressed quirk and Katsuki's hand was readied for a counter if case need be.

"Todoroki! Bakugo!" a female voice reprimands the two, followed by a rushing footsteps approaching them. She halts in the middle of her steps as she sees Shoto's irked look for the first time but later proceeds to her destination. "Stop this at once!" with worried tone this time, Momo tries to separate the two by pushing Shoto away from the other male. The two-toned male did not budge, with his eyes still dangerously training at ruby ones.

Katsuki whips his head to the female's direction, "Bold of you to mediate when I can see you too, ponytail." The other male slightly twitches at the blonde's declaration but disregards it.

Momo, on the other hand, subtly jolts at the male's implication but instantly rebuilds her composure. She sighs, "If this is a personal conflict between you two, take it elsewhere. If this concerns other party and that person is near the vicinity, please rethink of the magnitude it will cost you three."

Both males pause in consideration of the female's words. Few seconds later, Shoto releases Katsuki and strides his way into his room. Before closing the door, he addresses to Momo, "Please check on Kei once you're done with that bastard."

Click.

It was Katsuki's turn to stroll to the elevator, "I can see myself out, ponytail."

Ding.

Finally able to register what just happened, Momo let an exasperated exhale. Standing in front of Kei's door, she quietly knocks. "Kei, it's Momo." She hears soft footsteps behind the door, followed by a clicking sound.

"Hey, what's up?" Kei weakly smiles.

At this sight, Momo's gaze softens, "I was just checking if you're set for the night. Were you about to sleep?"

The other female averts her gaze as she replies, "Yeah."

Despite knowing the masked lie, Momo displays an apologetic smile, "Oh, I'm sorry to bother you."

"No, it's fine."

"Very well then, perhaps we could hang out tomorrow?"

"Yeah, sure. It's your call."

"Alright. Have a good night, Kei."

"Likewise, Momo."

Darkness.

She should have already used to her own quirk right now but she cannot void her constantly wary feeling whenever she enters her void.