30

The group finishes their day happily, contented as they have bonded deeper. As soon as Kei sets feet at home, she tells her guardian about it, which the male happily listens to, knowing that his ward is taking another step to her own actual desires.

Kei finally gets the chance to open her cellphone. She sees multiple unread messages and unanswered calls, mostly from Neito and Hitoshi. She first replies to Neito, saying that she's doing fine. Right after sending the message, her phone rings.

"Hey," Kei hears a raspy voice from the other side of the line.

"Hey, Toshi. Sorry for not picking your calls earlier. I was occupied."

"It's fine. I just wanna know if you're alright," Hitoshi says, his sleepy voice obviously succumbing onto him.

"You must have been sleeping by now. I know that you and sleep together is already rare enough. I'm sorry for interrupting your get-together."

"I don't mind. I just want to hear your voice again."

Kei's heart skips a beat. Not only was she touched by the male's sincere concern for her, but also because of the brutal honesty she heard just now. By then, she speculates that Hitoshi's mental state is vulnerable when he is close to sleeping as there are no filters available in his mind.

"Why are you so adorable?" Kei whispers.

"I'll be adorable if you like, as long as you'll allow me by your side," Hitoshi responds almost right away.

By this retort, Kei feels her cheeks warming up. She is definitely sure that her quirk is not at work as he is immune to it. "You speak as if you're below the majority, Toshi."

"I am," he responds, his voice deepening by the second.

"I love how beautiful your mind works oftentimes but Toshi, I can't allow you to think of yourself as less of who you actually are," Kei says. She cannot help but close her eyes as her chest feels tingling sensation. 'So this is the real you.'

"Thank you for your kind words, kitten. I'll put it into heart." There was a brief pause before he continues in an almost fading manner, "Also, I'd be normally scared to say this. You know, trusting people and all but if it's you, I get the feeling that everything's gonna be fine. Just as you love my mind... I love you the same, I think."

Then silence.

Kei was in utter shock.

"Did you just call me kitten?"

No response.

All she could hear is soft snores coming from the male.

"He fell asleep while talking to me, and fast."

Kei releases an exasperated sigh and later sharpens her breath.

"Holy shit, did he just confess?"

-

"Yo, guardian, I'll be going now," Kei says as she rushes to the door. This day, she decides to visit certain green-haired duo. She wasn't able to check on the male's condition since the battles so she figured that this will be the best chance to do so.

Kei stands by the familiar apartment door, hearing one of her favorite adults' voice. "Seven times! Isn't that crazy? Ever since the cavalry battle, I lost consciousness seven times! The last two times were pretty much from dehydration."

Kei snickers at this revelation. She finally hits the doorbell. Several seconds after, she was greeted by Inko. "Kei! It's nice to see you again!"

"Hello to you too, mother-figure," the younger female waves curtly.