𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀. 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘶 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭.

∞

2020. kth - 23. jjk - 18.

Taehyung was up at night once again. His body still hadn't gotten accustomed to the new timezone so he was still suffering from jet lag. He was working on a project that he had decided to test out as a hobby, it involved contacting talented artists to set up an exhibition to promote self-love. It was something he just wanted to do, there was no other intention behind it.

He raised his mug to his lips, hoping to drink some more tea, but frowned once he realised it was empty. With ah heavy sigh, he lay aside his computer and stood up, making his way to the kitchen. As he boiled some more water, his eyes flickered over to the clock. It was 3AM.

The boy rolled his neck, cracking the sides, and then massaged his left shoulder, feeling a little stiff from sitting for so long.

His eyes travelled to look out the window, and his orbs widened upon seeing the light on in one of the Jeons' windows. In fact, now that Taehyung was paying attention, he heard the faint thumping of a bass coming from the house.

Was Jeongguk home?

Taehyung gnawed at his bottom lip. He's been wanting to meet the younger ever since he came back, ever since he heard what had happened.

Should he... go now?

A beeping sound went off to signal that the water had finished boiling, Taehyung poured it out into his mug but he stopped halfway. It was nagging his brain too much.

Taehyung sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose with his two fingers.

Next thing he knew he was standing outside the Jeons' house, knocking at the door.

⛓️ ⛓️ ⛓️

Taehyung's heart was hammering at his ribcage as he waited for someone to answer the door. His breathing hitched when he saw a figure moving from inside the window, and he thinks his stomach dropped when he saw the wooden frame opening.

Taehyung had to take a step back to avoid being hit by the door, he gulped as a male dressed in black apparel on the other side.

It...

It was Jeongguk.

Taehyung stared at the person in front of him.

It was Jeongguk... but was it?

He recognised the soft slope of his nose, the big round shape of his almond eyes, the small set of plush lips.

But...

It didn't look like Jeongguk at all.

The man in front of him had dead eyes, hollow, empty. His hair was grown out instead of a fresh bowl cut. All traces of baby fat was gone, replaced with a chiselled face structure and a sharp jawline.