𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍. 𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘦.

∞

2020. kth - 23. jjk - 18.

Something dangerous blossomed in Taehyung's chest. A feeling which brought so much excitement for the future, which was often met with disappointment.

Hope. Taehyung had hope.

As the days passed, and Jeongguk would slowly begin to smile more, and as the presence around him started to glow again, Taehyung would believe in something that simply didn't exist.

That they could just stay like this forever.

With their hands intertwined as they walked through the city during their late nights, and their hearts beating steadily, perfectly in sync.

Everything just felt so much lighter, more free. The darkness that loomed over Jeongguk's figure seemed to brighten ever since he had promised the older that he was no longer involved with any gang activity.

He swore that he had cut ties off with them, and was no longer running drug trades for them.

Of course, Taehyung believed him. Especially since they spent every breathing second together, so there was no way that Jeongguk could sneak off somewhere. And despite their few small bickering fights over some of Jeongguk's behaviours, everything had been working between them.

Some things were still being avoided. Where Jeongguk had ran off to before, although Taehyung never failed to hear several stories being passed around the town. Apparently the younger's endeavours just consisted of endless nights of binge drinking wrapped in a motel's bedsheets along with a random stranger.

One thing that they never spoke of— was the past. Anything close to the topic would cause Jeongguk's entire body to tense up, and his gaze to shift far from Taehyung's eyes. One could clearly feel the walls slowly build up around him, so the older would always quickly divert the conversation.

The two of them were both tired from always having to experience one shit show after another, they just wanted to enjoy the moment. They wanted to let loose and forget about everything.

Taehyung got caught up into it all. He got lost in Jeongguk's carefree and reckless attitude. Both of them riding dangerous paths on their bikes after having a few drinks. Once the older had crashed pretty badly but the entire thing ended with them giggling while rolling in the dirt.

The alcohol buzzing in their system also let them not overthink every time one would slowly sneak their hand towards the other and intertwine their fingers together.

Or the kisses they'd share every time they'd get to the hill, caressing their lips together one second and then talking and pretending like it never happened the next.

Neither of them ever spoke up about it. Their relationship staying unlabelled and another topic of conversation that was never brought up.

Until tonight.