Chapter 19

Kion took a deep breath in. He was taking a nightly stroll around the area. He couldn't sleep, the event of today too busy replaying over and over in his brain. 

Was accepting the offer, the right thing to do?

Sure his family wasn't the best, but they were still family, right? But... but maybe a little fun wouldn't hurt? No, it was wrong... teaming up with Scar and Zira two villains who have been 'supposedly' killed by Simba's Pride, didn't sound like a very good idea. Yet, why did he do it?

He did regret it. After he walked back in. The faith and relief clear on his friends face really made him feel guilty. 

***********************************************************************************************

"Kion! You're back, thank goodness!." Rani had run forward and had nuzzled her head into Kions neck. Kion tried not to flinch at the touch. He felt weird. The conversation he had just come from, was weird. He didn't know what to say.

"Of course he'd be back, what'd you think would happen, he teamed up with Zira?" Bunga said sarcastically and slung an arm around his best friends neck after Rani pulled away. Kion flinched.

"Yeah, I'd never do that." Kion laughed, feeling uncomfortable. His laugh also felt weird. Gosh he why did he feel so weird. 

"I'm glad, I don't think we would've handled it well having our leader kidnapped and manipulated again into teaming with her." Fuli smiled, rolling her eyes.

"Again?" Rani asked, turning to Kion with worry in her eyes, but Kion waved her off.

"That's a story for another time."

"Oh, Kion, what did she want anyways?"

***********************************************************************************************

Kion sighed. He remembered the response he gave, very brief and vague.

"She told me not to say but don't worry, I didn't listen to her. I'd never listen to her, you know me better than that, right?"

Kion felt bad. He'd lied to his friends. His friends had always been there for him. He was a terrible friend. Why type of lion was he? An idiot one probably.

Kion turned to the sky. It was a full moon tonight. It looked so beautiful. He had sat down by a cliff on higher grounds. 

The sky was a brilliant dark shade of space blue, decorated with millions of beautiful bright stars. 

It truly was a beautiful night tonight.

Kion was sure of it.

It was calm quiet and peaceful

If only his mind was the same.

***********************************************************************************************

"Kion? Are you alright?"

Kion jumped up and turned around, only to come face to face with his female cheetah friend, Fuli. He gave her a smile and sat down, indicating that he was alright.

He wasn't

But...

She didn't need to know that.

"You looked troubled, you were staring into the sky, but your eyes weren't focused. You didn't notice me coming, and I know I'm amazing at sneaking up on animals because I'm a cheetah, I'm fast and gracious," She got into a pouncing stance, and was looking at him smugly before turning back to looking at him with concerned eyes. "But, you're always... you know, like I guess ready?"

Kion laughed.

"No calm down, Fuli, I'm alright, I was just in deep thought." Kion got up and smirked, circling around the cheetah.

"Or... maybe... were you

worried about me?"

Fuli snarled and turned her head

"No, I was just checking to see if you were alright."

Kion rolled his eyes. She was such a Tsundere. He chuckled to himself.

"What are you laughing at Kion?"

Kion's head snapped up to look at the voice that had greeted him in the sky.

"Ono! Anga!"

Anga flew down and landed her Kions paws

"Beshte and Bunga are on their way here. They shouldn't be too long. Ono and I saw by them in the sky just over there on our way here." She pointed a wing towards the East.

"Thanks, Anga, Ono." Kion smiled and nodded to them.

***********************************************************************************************

It had been some time since Anga and Ono had arrived. Kion was just sitting down, staring off in the sky, but keeping his eyes alert. Anga and Ono were just sitting down talking about who knows who and Fuli was lying on the ground just staring at the ground. She rolled her eyes for about the 25th time. She was getting impatient, until she finally snarled,

"Where on earth are they?!"

"Hi guys! Were you waiting on us? Did you miss us?"

The timing was honestly perfect.

"Bunga! Where on earth were you guys?! Do you know how long we've been waiting?! It's been ages!"

Beshte looked sheepishly at her while Bunga just slung an arm around her shoulder.

"Ah, calm down Fuli. We were just walking her. There were pretty good bugs on the way here though, tasted great!"

Fuli shook him off and just glared at him.

Kion chuckled. 

What a way to start the morning.

Uh... Hi guys! It's been a while... I'm really sorry about the long wait. I had a lot of work and then suffered from a writer's block. I also didn't realise I was signed out of my account so I didn't get the notifications from you all... I tried to make it up to you for making it a longer chapter. I'll try to update soon. Anyways, thank you for 28.5k reads! oh and 104 followers! Like Woah I come back and like everything blew up! I should do something special for 100 followers. Any ideas guys? I won't guarantee doing all of them but I could do with some ideas! Thank you all for reading though. You all mean so much to me! Hope you're doing good wherever you are!

-Meloetta867