Chapter 8

"Ugh! This is so boring!!" Bunga groaned. "You've said that for the 15th time Bunga!" Fuli yelled at him. "Ok take it easy." Besthe said trying to stop the Honey Badger and Cheetah into getting into another argument. "Besthe is right, you guys need to stop yelling at each other this is a patrol! We're supposed to be looking around for any danger!" Ono exclaimed while landing on Besthe's back, tired from flying.  Fuli rolled her eyes and Bunga just gave a blank stare but they both nodded. Kion looked over at Ono and smiled, Ono had saved Kion from stopping the argument himself.

"Anga?" Kion aksed looking up towards the sky, in search for the purple eagle, that he could no longer see. To his relief, he heard a female "Yes?". From the sky came down Anga, a young purple martial eagle, with a white underbelly and sharp blue eyes. She had landed down on the ground in front of Kion.

"Anything?" Kion asked referring to as 'is there anything/trouble?' Anga shook her head. She then blinked and closed her eyes for a bit. It was a bit odd for her but the rest of the Night Pride (except Kion of course) gave it little thought. Kion though found this action suspicious and felt something was going on. 

"Anga..?" He asked softly.  As soon as he said this her eyes shot open and flinched. "S-sorry Kion!" The Night Pride (except Kion) looked a bit surprised but for Kion, this brought more worry. He picked up on the fact that she was stammering.

"You guys can go on," Kion told the Night Pride (except for Anga) The Night Pride (except Anga) shrugged their shoulders and walked on, oblivious to Anga's odd behaviour.

"Anga.." Kion started softly, Anga looked away. "This doesn't seem right. She seemed fine yesterday..."  Kion thought, his eyebrows furrowed. "Anga... please tell me are you okay?" He asked gently, reaching out one front paw to place on her shoulder, her face still turned away from him.

"I'm fi-f-fine." Anga choked out, trying to persuade Kion that she was alright, but that did little. Kion was never to give up easily is he has a suspicion that someone wasn't okay, especially if it was someone close to him.

"Look, Anga, just tell me, I can help," Kion said, still in his caring voice looking directly at her, she knew that she'd have to eventually have to tell him, but she couldn't, tears starting to make their way down her face "There's little you could do to help me!" She blurted out,  but as soon as it came out, she wished she hadn't, as it just made Kion more worried.

"Anga, tell me what's wrong." He said, a bit more firmly, surprising Anga. "You're telling me what is going on and I will  help you." He continued. 

When Kion said will Anga knew, she could tell him, she had always trusted him, but she knew she could tell him what was going on now. 

"My parents died..." She said, crying even harder now, Kion's face immediately turned sympathetic but he could sense that this wasn't the end of her story. He was right as she continued. "They died at the hand of an evil organisation of animals. The animals that were there didn't see who did it. I was told late last night and barely got any sleep."

"Anga..." Kion said "I'm so sorry for asking, but I'm telling you to go sleep now. You're not going on patrol." the kindness never leaving his voice "Do you want the others to know though?"

Anga sighed "They'll have to find out eventually so sure, and..... thanks, Kion." She said before taking flight so she could get some rest. "You're welcome." Kion smiled watching Anga quickly becoming a speck in the now orange colour sky (it is sunset).

Honestly, that's really sad, poor Anga. Anyways thanks for 1288 reads and 18 votes! I'm happy that you guys like my story! Anyway btw next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I won't be able to write or update cause I can't. Anyways sorry for updating so late! Thanks again for reading my story!

-Meloetta