Chapter 6

Kion made his way to the watering hole, where he would meet up with his friends and start the daily patrol. Once he arrived, he found that it was empty, as usual. The sun was just coming up. There was honestly nothing to do. Kion didn't eat (he only ate occasionally, in order to survive.) "I'll just take a short walk"  Kion thought, biting his lip. "It won't take that long." 

Kion began making his way. He walked through a forest of trees (Lol get it a forest of Trees XD... wait okay that's actually pretty lame =_=) He didn't make it far when he then heard a faint scream. His ears picked up towards the sound. "AHHHHHHHH!"(He trained himself to do these sort of things). The scream came from many meters ahead of him. Kion wasted no time to run towards the animal in need of help. 

It didn't take him too long to reach the animal in help. It was a small deer, hanging over the edge of a waterfall. The branch she was clinging on was about to snap. Kion knew he had to take action. He looked around, there was no rocks or anything insight that could help him reach the deer. Kion sighed, he knew he had to use some of the things he learned from his secret training to use. Then it happened..... The branch the small deer wad hanging onto broke. She screamed as she fell. "AHHHH!!!"

Kion wasted no time as he leapt into the water. He swam quickly and managed to catch the small deers fall. The problem was? they were almost at the edge of the waterfall. Luckily though Kion was able to muster up more strength and swam both he and the small deer back to land. Once then were on land. Kion gently poked the small deer whose eyes were still closed on his back with his nose. The deer opened her black eyes. She looked up at her hero and widened her eyes. She quickly jumped off his back and onto the floor. Her legs wobbled a bit, but she wasted no time and quickly bowed. "King Kion," she said, "Thank you for saving me." She continued, still bowing. 

"Your, welcome, but please don't call me that," Kion replied. "I just hate that name. Please just call me Kion." he continued, looking at the small deer. The small deer got up out of her bow and nodded, "Thank you Kion," she said, smiling. "I thought I was a goner for sure!" She said continuing, "But then you came and saved me. That was amazing!" She ended cheerfully.

 "Ehh, it was nothing. Anyways what's your name?" Kion said. "Oh yeah! My name is Zalika!" The young female deer said. Kion smiled. "That's a nice name, it means one who is well-born. Doesn't it?" He asked. Zalika nodded. "Although I quite don't know what it means." she said. Kion smiled again, then he asked. "Do you want me to take you to your parents?" Zalika shook her head. "No it's quite alright, my family isn't that far from here. I just came here to explore, but I kinda fell. Thanks again Kion." Zalika said and ran off in the opposite direction.

Kion smiled and looked at the sky.  The sun now was already up. "What? Already! Oh no, I'm going to be late!"  Kion thought as he sprinted back to the watering hole.

When he arrived at the watering hole a few minutes, he saw his whole Night Pride waiting for him. "Kion! Finally! What took you so long!?" Fuli was the first person to speak. Kion was just about to open his mouth when she continued. "We were all waiting for you!!" This time Kion answered, "Sorry, I was just helping a small deer, who almost fell off  a waterfall." He explained. Fuli rolled her eyes. "Huh, likely story." She said. "You can even ask her." Kion protested, but Fuli wouldn't listen. "Look it would take forever to find the deer you 'found'." she said

Just then a small deer walked by, making her way to get a drink. "Oh look here she is! Hey Zalika!" Kion exclaimed. Zalika looked up and made her way over to The Night Pride. "Hello, Kion." She said smiling. Kion nudged Fuli, indicating her to ask Zalika. Fuli rolled her eyes, not believing any of this for a second, but said "Hey Zalika, is it true that Kion helped you when you were about to fall down a waterfall?" and too Fuli's surprise, Zalika nodded. "Yes he did, just when I thought I was a goner he jumped in and saved me!" she said. Then her eyes widened as she realised something. "Oh! I got to go, I just remembered my parents promised me to take me exploring!" She then said. "Bye Kion!" she said and ran off into the forest (that Kion came from)

The rest of The Night Pride (except Fuli) smirked at her (Fuli). "Okay fine! You were right! Can we just start patrol now?" She exclaimed.

Sorry for not updating, I was really busy and I had no time! I hope this is long enough for you! It's longer than some of my previous chapters! Also thanks for 343 reads and 8 votes! It means so much to me! I hope you like my story! I'll try to update next soon! Thanks again!

-Meloetta