Modern AU OS- "Car Crash"

Blood, death, and angst warning

Reader discretion advised

Cass was ready to tear out Eugene's hair and shove it down his throat.

She pressed her hands over her ears, gritting her teeth harshly as he replayed the exact same song over and over on the disc player of his car. Rapunzel sat next to her, the blonde's expression smiling- yet terrifying at the same time. Cass couldn't help but laugh as her friend's eye twitched, her own teeth clenched as she seemed to physically restrain herself from reaching forward to strangle her boyfriend.

Rapunzel glanced over to Cass, noticed her covering her ears, and did the same. Cass gave a strained smile, wincing as the bass dropped once again, spiking pain through her head. Oh, she was done. Headaches were a no.

"Fitzherbert, I swear if you don't cut that music off right now, I will personally find you and beat you-"

Rapunzel jolted forward to wrap her arms around Cass's waist and tug her back into the seat with her. "Seatbelt, Cass!" she shouted over the music.

"I could say the same to you, Princess!"

"Yeah, Cass!" Eugene chimed in, mercifully turning the volume down to speak. "Seatbelt!"

"Can it, Fitzherbert. I prefer the music of death over your voice, anyway."

He smirked and rolled his eyes, opening his mouth to speak, but Rapunzel tapped his cheek and shoved his face to look forward. "Eyes forward, Eugene. The light just turned green."

Eugene sighed and turned back around with a grumble. As they contiuned to drive, his hand twitched to the volume dial tauntingly. He heard Cass's growl and twisted his head to grin devilishly at her.

Rapunzel grit her teeth again. "Eugene, you need to look-"

The world stopped.

Cass's eyes widened as everything seemed to go in slow-motion. Her mind stilled. She couldn't move. Rapunzel was beside her. Eugene in front. The silence sharpened into a point- tearing and biting, building into a terrifying crescendo until it all came snapping back with a deafening slam.

There was a crash. Metal on metal. Heat. Screams.

There was nothing.

Cass forced her eyes open, a strangled breath in her throat as her chest immediately seized up. She registered that she on the ground, her face being pushed into the blazing asphalt by an unknown force. Blood coated her tongue. Pain lanced through her skull. But besides this, oddly enough, she couldn't feel anything.

She- she couldn't...

Her eyes widened in terror as she tried to arch her neck, only to fail. Her muscles wouldn't respond. She couldn't feel them. She couldn't feel her legs, her arms, her back- nothing below her chin. Cass's eyes suddenly flooded with tears as she struggled to breath. Her mouth would barely open, and blood dripped from her head into her eye. She choked on her tongue, coughing violently. The action sent a spasm she couldn't feel through her body.

Through her red clouded vision, Cass caught sight of blonde hair in front of her.

Rapunzel, she tried to scream, tried to cry. Her mouth refused to cooperate, and she found herself staring in numb shock at her friend. The girl was twisted across the ground, her legs shredded and ruined as blood pooled around her, dark red and thick and terrible. She was facing Cass, her spring green eyes open and empty.

Rapunzel was already gone, a piece of jagged car shrapnel buried deep in her stomach.

Cass retched, once again choking as her body failed her. She could feel her head shaking, at the very least, and wanted to tear at the ground with the hands that would not move, wanted to sob with lungs that were slowly shutting down.

Without being able to move, she couldn't find Eugene. He had been sitting in driver's seat, and they had been hit from the right, so maybe he was still alive- maybe he would at least be ok.

Cass found herself staring everywhere she could that wasn't the dead body of her best friend. Her head jerked as Eugene suddenly appeared, stumbling to Rapunzel. He was cut and bloodied, but looked relatively unharmed. He fell to his knees beside her, screaming desperately as his shaking hands hovered over her, not knowing what to do.

She's gone, Eugene.

Cass's eyes and heart ached, darkness creeping up on her.

And so am I.

IM SORRY I KEEP DOING THIS I JUST BREATH ANGST-