Relationship Study- Cassandra and Eugene

Season One

Episode Five

"Cassandra V. Eugene"

Ok, so the specific scene I wanna go into first is when Cass and Eugene have first given up on getting out of the jail cell that Rapunzel put them in. They're lying on the two cots, and Eugene asks what Cass's deal is. Cue one right there.

"Other than being a venomous cobra woman that has to follow my girlfriend everywhere, I don't know the first thing about you." Cue two.

They get into talking about dreams, and Cass's tells how she's grateful to her dad for raising her, and that seeing as she doesn't remember her real parents, there's nothing to compare him to, anyway. Eugene says the same, and, "I used to imagine they were swashbuckling explorers searching the world for. treasure, and once they found it, they'd... come back and get me."

At this point Cass's face is sad and she curls in on herself. I can only think that she's thinking about her own parents (cough cough) and wondering where they are, if they wanted her, etc. So when Eugene asks her what she thinks of her's, she doesn't want to share those worries with him. We know that Cass is more closed off and personal, and likes to keep to herself. The topic of her real parents is somewhat of a sore nerve, and having Eugene touch on it was probably even worse.

Her response is, "You know what? I don't really want to discuss this with you, Eugene."

"Ok, fine, I'll just shut up, then. You know, just when I think I start to see a glimmer of a speck of a pinprick of a soul, you flip your ice switch back on."

LISTEN TO ME GUYS. HER FACE IS SO SAD WHEN HE SAYS THIS.

Cass doesn't want to be known for being like that. We know she wants glory, to be recognized. So honestly, Eugene's words must've hurt. A lot. We know she doesn't hate Eugene. She does care about him, but they tease and make fun of each other. Serious chaotic sibling energy vibes.

*slams table* BUT SHE'S SO INSECURE ABOUT HER OWN WORRIES THAT SHE IMMEDIATELY GOES ON THE DEFENSIVE INSTEAD OF EXPRESSING HERSELF BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT THIS SOON INTO THE SHOW.

*sobs*

mY bAbY iS sAd aNd jUsT nEeDs loVe

Alright that's that.

Let me know what you guys thought about hi scene, or this episode, or about the relationship of these two angsty children.

Or if you just wanna say something go ahead.

UPDATE FOR RULES- PLEASE BE APPROPRIATE.