Chapter 22

As the night wore on, the crowd of teenagers thinned, but the ones that stayed got more and more inebriated. Bonnie was having an absolute blast. She didn't think she had ever had this much fun in her life.
One minute she was dancing with the girls, the next she was with the boys drunkenly planning ridiculous pranks that would never work.

While Bonnie, Fred, George and Lee were planning a prank - they would no doubt forget by the next day - Fred and Lee got up to go get a drink. Yet a drunken George kept yammering on not realising they had left, and clearly not realising Bonnie was even there. He accidentally spilled the details of the product him and Fred had been keeping a secret.

"And so when we complete the Dragon Fire Ricochet's-"

"The WHAT" Bonnie gaped at him. "Is that your new product George? DRAGON FIRE!?"

"Oh shoot. SHH Bonnie!" George hissed and pressed a finger messily toward her lips, tugging at her arm. He stood up, pulling her toward the corner of the room, just out of sight of the other party goers.
"Shh, this is secret! We aren't even sure if we can pull it off yet. When Lee said he was going to Australia we knew we couldn't pass up the chance to try making something like this! Australia is one of the only places you can get one of the ingredients."

"What bloody ingredient George?"

"It's only a toe from an Australian Water Dragon."

"But they don't breath fire? They are just a lizard!" Bonnie said, remembering what she learned at muggle primary school.

"They are descendants of actual dragons that USED to breath fire. But that's what makes it a secret ingredient. They are from the line of fire breathing dragons a million years ago, but now they live around water. Which means in the potion it lifts the 'dragon fire' side of things, but them having adapted to water also helps with self-extinguishing."

Bonnie stared at him open mouthed. He was so smart. Who on earth would ever think of that?
"George, this sounds actually dangerous. Like, actual fire from a dragon you're going to sell people?"

"Well yes, but no." He looked in strife. Like he was battling something in his head.
"Look, it's hard to explain, especially when I'm this drunk and all I can think about are your lips."

"I- what did you just say? George you're telling me how you could potentially burn yourself to a crisp making this new product and you say something like that?"

"Bonnie-"

"Time and place Geor-"

She got cut off by George cupping her chin and pulling her lips up to meet his. Bonnie froze, she couldn't believe what was happening right now. Fireworks erupted in her stomach and tingles shivered their way through her body.
George's hand moved from her chin to her cheek and the tips of his fingers entwined themselves in her hair. His other arm snaked it's way around the small of her back as she began to lean into the kiss, relaxing into his arms and kissing him back.
His lips were soft but firm in all the right ways as they explored her own lips. Bonnie's arms felt their way under his shirt and up his bare back, feeling how toned and warm he was.

She felt George freeze for a moment before he tore himself away from her.
"Bonnie I- I'm so sorry. I don't know..."
He trailed off looking confused and shocked at what he had just done.

"Don't be sorry! Please George don't be sorry. And don't you dare run away right now." She added as he glanced around the room looking for an escape route.
"Why do I always end up kissing girls at these things." He mumbled, straightening his shirt that Bonnie had her hands under just moments ago.
She looked at him with hurt in her eyes. She had thought for a brief moment before, that this could mean something, and be the start of something for the two of them. Maybe he had feelings for her too.
But it turns out he only liked to kiss and regret whatever girl he could get his hands on at party's. And that she just happened to be one of them.

George looked at her, studying her face and noticing how hurt she looked. He only realised why she would be looking that way, after she had taken off through the crowd and up the stairs.
"No- Bonnie wait!" He cried.

Bonnie heard him calling her name but refused to turn around. She raced up to the bathroom and slammed one of the toilet doors shut. She felt tears burning her eyes. But she had swore to herself she was never going to cry over that boy again.
She couldn't believe she had kissed George. That is what she's been wanting for the longest time, it finally happened and... and she was just another notch on the snogging post next to Katie.

She rubbed her eyes aggressively, pushing the tears back into her head. After a few deep breaths she opened the door, cleaned herself up and with anger coursing through her, she walked back to the party with her head held high.
She made for the drinks table and poured herself a full cup of Fire Whiskey.

"Jeez Bon you'll want to be careful with that much booze!" Fred laughed, looking absolutely cross-eyed drunk.
Bonnie lifted her cup to cheers him and noticed George sitting alongside his twin looking glum.
'Serve's him right' she thought to herself. She took a sip of the burning dark liquid and went to find Angelina.
George's stupid lips were NOT going to ruin another night for her.