Chapter 5

Bonnie awoke early the next morning to her head throbbing painfully. The previous nights events flooding back to her along with awareness of her tender nose.

Wincing with pain she begrudgingly threw back her covers and padded to the bathroom to assess the damage.
"Definitely feels worse than it looks" she said gratefully to her reflection, as she splashed her face with cold water. The cool of the liquid ebbed the pain in her face slightly.

After a long warm shower and a dab of makeup on her red nose, Bonnie was feeling decent again. Checking her watch she saw that breakfast was starting. Not many others had stirred from their slumber, the first week back was always the worst to break out of the habit of sleep-ins.
Grabbing her books needed for the day and shoving them in her bag, she headed down to the the dining room.

Not surprisingly, Hermione was already seated at the Gryffindor table, pouring over her new books for the year.
She looked up as Bonnie approached and smiled.
"Oh good morning Bonnie! I've just been reading about what we are going to learn in transfiguration this year, it's awfully interesting. I've been practicing my pronunciation for the lovebird to love note spell, do you remember learning that? Was it hard?"

Bonnie stared blankly at Hermione for a moment, ever wondrous at this girls thirst for knowledge... especially this early in the morning.

"Um... Yes Hermione, I do remember that spell. Once you have the pronunciation, it's very simple"
That seemed to please the girl as she happily slammed shut the transfiguration book and bought out her potions book, to begin speed reading while mindlessly shovelling porridge into her mouth.

Bonnie reached for some toast while wondering if she should be reading up on her classes too if she wanted good grades in her N.E.W.T's.
Her thoughts were interrupted by a slap on her back and a cheery Fred Weasley sitting down beside her.
"Good morning prank master!" He exclaimed loudly.

"SHH please Fred! I don't want to be associated with what happened last night!" Bonnie hissed, looking around.
Seemingly it was only Hermione who heard, who narrowed her eyes at them and opened her mouth to say something, before looking at Fred and deciding it wasn't any use, turning back to her book.

Fred grinned and started piling his plate with food before saying "I couldn't wake Georgie, dead asleep. What did you do to him last night?"
Bonnie felt a blush creep up her neck and she turned away. "W-what? Nothing! We didn't do anything! He helped me clean up the blood and we went to sleep! Straight to bed!" She said a little to fast and loudly.

Fred looked around at her with raised eyebrows, even Hermione glanced up from her book to give her a strange look.
Bonnie knew she sounded suspicious. Which was even worse because nothing even happened! She just wanted something to happen.
She busied herself with buttering another piece of toast while Fred let out a low whistle and started to eat.

Bonnie was outraged with herself. 'What on earth was that!?' She thought as she took a bite of her toast. This is so out of the ordinary for her, she's usually the one listening to the gossip and the obvious crushes and last nights happenings. Now she's the one in the thick of it! She wasn't sure how she felt about this. How to recover from this?

Before she could say anything to turn talks away from her, George and her apparent guilty conscious, she saw him stroll into the hall. He saw Fred first and then locked eyes with Bonnie as he broke out in a huge grin and jogged over to join them.

"Mmmornin' everyone" he chirped happily, grabbing a sausage off of Fred's plate and taking a bite of it.
His hair was sticking out in all directions, fresh from the pillow, and his tie was loose around his neck. He looked perfectly imperfect.

Bonnie gave a half hearted smile through her hair that had fallen into her face during the process of trying to become as small as possible.
"How's the nose Bon? Do I need to to give you another sponge bath?" He said through a mouthful of sausage.

Hermione and Fred's open mouthed faces jerked around to stare at George and then at Bonnie.
"So that's why Bonnie has been weird and blushy this morning!" Fred decided to the group, pointing his fork at her.

"What!? No! George!" Bonnie stuttered, not sure who to look at or what to say first.
George only laughed and waved a dismissive hand at her, still holding the half eaten sausage.
But Fred gave her a knowing look.