Supporting Each Other

Naturally, the tensed atmosphere in both India and Australia was building up. The covid-19 situation didn't seem to make anything any better.

The much awaited series was just around the corner leaving every cricket fan bubble with excitement.

Although the pressure was on both teams, the Australians seemed to have performed decently well during the IPL. But the Indians were no less making both teams pretty confident.

Unsurprisingly, there were a few people in respective teams who were openly worried about the series.

And others who were less vocal.

Namely a certain Hardik Pandya, KL Rahul and Mayank Agarwal

The three of them witnessed the younger, more newer additions to their family being naturally terrified.

Witnessing their senior's (Virat) plate full of worries and own stresses they decided to let themselves drown themselves in their worries unwillingly.

                         *****
Rahul was lost in his own world (worries) when Mayank burst into his room, laying his head flat onto the bed groaning

"I'm tireedddd..." Mayank drawled out.

"Well then sleep," Rahul retorted rather harshly.

Used to the tone, Mayank rolled his eyes and the two sat there making meaninglessness comments about each other.

On the other hand ,Hardik had been drowning himself in a pool of negativity. Even talking to Agastya didn't seem to help him..

He desperately wanted - no needed someone to share the thoughts pulling him down.

How he wished for Bhuvi or Mahi Bhai's presence.

He didn't want to trouble his best friend either, well aware that he was worried too.

Nevertheless, he set off to Rahul's room, even if to not talk about his own tensions, but to cheer his best friend up.

Harry flung the door open in a very typical Hardik manner.

Much to his dismay, he found Mayank lounging on Rahul's bed.

He couldn't help but frown and think that he had more right to be in Mayank's place, considering that the two of them had the whole IPL together.

"Oh, sorry..." He whispered dismayed and turned to leave.

"Since when do you say sorry Harry?" Rahul retorted in attempt to stop him from leaving.

And his trick seemed to have worked out well

"Excuse me-" Harry started off aggressively ready to prove that he can say sorry too quite ironically.

"Yea shut up and sit yourself down." Rah bossed smugly.

"Bossy, meanie pants!" Harry whispered under his breath while Mayank stifled a laugh.

"I can still hear you know," Rahul teased back laughing, causing Mayank to laugh too.

"Humph" Harry grumbled as he flopped onto the mini sofa stretching his legs out.

The three of them sat in an awkward silence.

Rahul gazed at the ceiling, Hardik was examining the walls very seriously and Mayank was staring out the window like a lovesick puppy.

Although three of them tried to start a conversation (failing miserably each time) neither of them where willing to break the silence.

As it was said confrontation is scary.