Right Choice?

I just felt like posting this here. Please do give this a read although it isn't an ICT shot 

Was it the right choice?

He had an unexplainable feeling running through his mind almost eating him alive. He felt a surge of sorrow and a sudden desire to take back his decision, but it was already too late. With a heavy heart, he let the warm tears trickle down his flushed face staining his black blindfold.

Major Pluto, the bravest soldier in the country about to lay down his life was not an ordinary sight and it gave his captors another reason to gloat. The threat rung in his head giving him a headache. He had no choice but to sit there hopelessly. Slouching, he brought his head down to his knees and sat there silently sobbing. He let the warmth rush to his head, to him it felt easing, yet it was making him more lightheaded.

As much as he tried to forget the terrible decision he made, he just could not think of anything else. Why was it him? Why his luck? Why his fate? His thoughts flew back to the horrific moment he was made to choose.

His body trembled and quivered as he felt the cold ice hands tear the blindfold off his face. He felt a strong push and he landed on the floor with a THUD. He let out a small crooked whimper as they released the gag from his mouth. Blinking furiously, Major Pluto Tried to steady his rapid in heavy breathing while rubbing his throbbing eyes vigorously. They all seemed to enjoy his struggle. He wriggled his hands but suddenly all his strength seemed to vanish mysteriously. A small pond of red liquid had formed beside major Pluto and his knees felt as if they were bound together. The smell fresh mud intoxicated the sane mind of the ever loyal major while the ground dug deep scars into his feeble feet which had now turned pale white. Major Pluto caught the eyes of his companion - captain William - wistfully hoping that he hadn't dragged him into this mess. But there was no hope. They were in this together. As an inseparable pair, like the two eyes of a man.

Fate bought them here together, fate would take them out together too.

His eyes wandered around the enclosed cave that they were held hostage in. He was horrified. It was no less than a pigsty gun. Guns scattered, smoke bombs were no lids, cut outs of newspapers all lay dead around the room like the autumn leaves. A disgusting stench filled the room, making the two soldiers squirm but it had no effect on their captors. Ten muscular men surrounded them like typical kidnappers. Each one had a sly grin and occasionally passed a snickering comment. The constant mocking of the terrorists bought dismayed look on to Major Pluto's pale face.

Suddenly, a hush fell upon the room. Captain William indicated to the distinct grey figure approaching them. It was him. The leader of the terrorists. The one they dreaded. The one they hated. The one that made their blood boil. He caught the eyes of the two soldiers, the eyes filled with rage, hate and disgust. That inhumane imbecile stared at them and started to cackle wickedly.

"Well, well, well look who we have here. The country's two bravest soldiers held captured and helpless. Five out of Six missions successful and the highest success rate shared by two soldiers. Impressive I must say." he sniggered.

"What do you want with us?" Captain William spat out filled with fury.

"Calm down mister. You are trapped with me and what I want is what I'll get." The leader spoke maliciously. "Remind me, what is your success rate Major?"

"92.75%," Pluto muttered.

"Mine is 100% and I will not let that fail now!" he cackled. "But don't lose hope just yet Major there is a way out"

His voice was far too sugar-coated, and Pluto had thought he had seen a smirk on Captain William's face.

Pluto knew that some ridiculous deal was to be put forth and he braced himself for the worst. The two soldiers, the best of friends and the thickest of thieves took a small glance at each other and smiled. They knew this was the only way out and learned to accept it. The leader saw this and smirked cheekily.

"What is your deal?" Major Pluto questioned, completely out of character.

"Wow, smarter than I expected. This is why I chose you, perfect match for a criminal like me!" "Well then, here's the deal Major; you have two options. Option one, you must die, and we'll let Captain free however he must retire, or option two Captain dies, and you stay alive, but you must work for us."

The words spoken by the leader left Pluto dumbfounded. He had no words left and to say that he was terrified was far too less.

"I'm giving you exactly two minutes to decide, choose wisely Major!"

Captain William stared at his comrade for a few seconds and recovered from his initial shock and spoke seeing that he had the upper hand.

"Pluto, don't think about me. I'll be fine. The country needs you, don't sacrifice yourself."
"But William, I can't work with those imbeciles and risk your life in the process. I am willing to die but I do not wish for your career to end just yet. You have so much to achieve!"

"If you really care about me, you will choose to live Pluto. The country needs you!"

With a minute left, Pluto pulled out a small card that belonged to his late mother. His mother always seemed to bring him unknown comfort. Her last words were "Dear Pluto, I know I am leaving you and I know I have never asked you anything. But today I want to ask you something. Promise you will fulfil it; I know you will you are my son. Just never betray your country, never be scared to die for the country."

His mind flooded with thoughts of his mother and his best friend he realised his true motive: the safety of his country. With this in mind, he blurted out immediately "Option 1," ignoring every protest of William.

"Good choice!" exclaimed the leader ecstatically. "Guards lead Captain out and bring the gun." He ordered.

He smiled at his best friend one last time trying to etch his smile and his face into his memory, at least he would die with his memories.

His thoughts were broken by the same thunderous footsteps approach yet again, the same icy hands tear his blindfold, everything was the same but this time he was alone.

His head hung low and the leader appeared yet again. Major Pluto, once the most dignified was now in the most shrivelled state. The leader glared at him, his lips twitching. He broke into hysterics and the rest echoed after.

"Bad choice Major!" he cackled. "Why did your last mission fail?"

"Our plan was leaked!" he cried remembering that dreadful moment.

"Who do you think leaked it?" the leader spoke smirking. "Your own friend. Major William!"

He cackled viciously and the rest echoed too. Major Pluto was beyond words and he felt his head spin. He was shocked. Angry. Furious. But it was too late now.

It was the wrong choice

BOOM!
Everything was shattered and in ashes within a split second and somewhere far away a voice spoke "The leader remains" smirking creepily.

The End