Getting to know him

So firstly Happy Birthday Rohit🎉I know he's never going to see this but still... and secondly this idea was Kumarishivani 's. Thank you for the idea.

**********
Rahul's POV

It's been a good few months - nearing a year almost - since I've joined the national side and the journey so far has just been awesome.

Everyone has just been so welcoming to me and the other newer youngsters of the team.

It really is just a pleasant atmosphere around here!

The amount of craziness that happens in the team is unimaginable! One minute you can be talking about cricket the very next you'd be laughing about something completely random.

I've made close friendships with many of my teammates and they're all like the brothers I've never had.

Special mention to Hardik Pandya of course! He's one of a kind - a through and through idiot but truly one of the most caring people you'd ever meet.

And not to mention the elder brothers who mean the world to me. Mahi Bhai is a gem. The best you'll ever see and just being around him is a privilege.

Then we have Virat Bhai, well I don't call him that but I still consider him as an older brother.

I've always idolised Virat Bhai and I was lucky enough to play with him for RCB and now for India.

He treats me and a couple others like his younger brothers , I guess being the youngest for a long time influences you to do the same.

And then Rohit Bhaiya. I've never seen someone forget as many things as he has. But you know I've never really bonded with Rohit Bhaiya as much.

Oh yeah and let me just say nicknames are extremely common in the team.

End of POV

A screeching voice broke Rahul out of my deep thoughts.

"Oyy Rahul let's go for a walk!" Harry screeched excitedly while pulling Rahul's arm.

"What at 10 pm the night before we have a match?" Rahul retorted slightly concerned for Harry's well-being " Do you know how much trouble we can get into if anyone finds out?"

"Chill bro, no one will find out," Harry squealed. "Now move your ass and come!"

"Dude don't think I won't throw you under the bus if we get caught," Rahul teased.

"You wouldn't dare," Harry said looking highly offended.

"Watch me," Rahul replied jokingly and left with Harry because there was no denying Harry whatever it was.

They came back quite late at night leaving both their eyes slightly sore and droopy the next morning which also lead to scoldings from both Mahi Bhai and Virat

*********
The Indian Batsmen had scored a decent total against South Africa with Rahul himself scoring a 74 of 82 balls.

The South African batsmen were in tremendous form and were chasing down the score far too quick for any Indian's liking.

It was around the 25th over when one of the batsmen had mistimed a shot and Rahul went for the catch. It was a crucial catch, a catch that could change the game completely.

He went in for the catch and as destiny would have it, the catch was dropped.

And as if Rahul didn't feel bad enough Virat glared at him ferociously. Virat stomped up to him scowling.