I'm definitely the leave before you get left type of person, but I'm trying really hard not to be right now. Even though inside I'm drowning in my thoughts.

"Girl, the only advice I can give you is that if it destroys your peace of mind, then it's not worth it," Amelia tells me and I try to let that sink in.

"Says the girl who went back to Alex after he broke her heart," Brooke jokes, lightening the mood.

"Oh c'mon, it's Alex Fuentes. I'm only human."

They laugh and I try to pull myself away from my self destructive thoughts. We're not doing this tonight, Yasmin. And don't even think about using alcohol to make yourself feel better.

"Yasmin," Santiago says from the other side of the door an hour later. "Mom wants to see you before she leaves."

"I'll be five minutes!"

I finish my makeup with some lipstick then pull my hair back into a low bun. After showing Amelia and Brooke a few outfits, I finally decide on a pair of black vinyl trousers and and a sexy black top.

"We look hot," I say as we check ourselves in the mirror.

Jace, Alex, Diego, Enrico, Max and Santiago are sitting in the living room talking but their attention is turned to us when we come down.

"Wow, you look beautiful," Mom gushes and gives me a hug. "Could be a little more covered up though."

I roll my eyes. "Gracias, Mamá."

"Maximino, come get a photo with your sister," she demands and he obliges.

Mom and Enrico leave when people start showing up. I invited girls from my grade and Max invited his friends. We thought about inviting Tyler but decided against it as he's Wesley's best friend and kind of a douche himself. Valentino, Montana and Sam all show up just after. They were the only friends he was allowed to bring because I know one of his friends is a drug dealer and tonight is a no drug zone. And every night is a no drug dealer zone.

"Wow, this is the classiest party you guys have ever had," Montana tells me as she takes a glass of champagne from the table and sips it.

"Hey, the night is young. You should get drunk for the both of us."

She smiles mischievously and takes a big drink. "That is something I can do."

"Hi, Montana," Jace says as he approaches us and puts his arm around my waist. At least that means he's not changed his mind about me yet.

"Jace." Montana flashes him a fake smile. "I'm leaving now." She turns and walks to Val and Santiago.

"So, I have your birthday present, but I'll give you it later when everyone's gone." He speaks quietly, his lips close to me so that I feel his breath on my skin.

"You didn't have to get me anything."

"I wanted to." He turns to face me and touches my cheek. "You look so pretty."

I smile and look down.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Just scared you're gonna leave me.