6

"Walk in to the club and I'm like WASSUP WHERES THE PIZZA?"

Everyone stares at Val and I after his random outburst as soon as we walk in the door of this house party.

"Yo, Val," The guy who live here says. "What's goin' on?" He looks at me and straightens his posture, a smile appearing on his face. "You must be the sister."

"Yep, that's me – the sister. I'm Yasmin." I'm always being introduced as that when Val takes me to these parties. The dude knows everyone and I have no idea how.

"Have you seen Montana?" 

"Her fine ass is in the kitchen with her tits about to burst out of her shirt," he smirks and Val laughs, walking forward to leave us. I hate guys.

"You good?" He asks me before leaving.

"I'll take good care of her," the dude says who's name I am yet to discover says while he's already giving me the sex eyes.

Within five minutes I am making out on the couch with Rory – yes, I found out his name.

"Wanna continue this in my bedroom?" He asks when we're both drunk enough. My slow brain takes a while to process an answer. I was going to shout yes but this new feature has recently been installed into my brain called 'think about it first'. How stupid is that? Thinking leads to disappointment.

"Yes," I say, my drunk voice sounding unrecognisable to my own ears. Rory helps me stand up and when I can barely contain myself I realise i'm on the other side of drunk that Val likes to call 'you're fucked, honey'.

Rory is holding my hand and pulling me to the bottom of the stairs and someone holds my other arm and pulls me towards them. I don't even have to look to know it's Jace. Not because he is constantly cock blocking me, but because there is something about his touch that I always recognise as being his.

"We need to talk."

"Not now," I mumble, looking around at anything but him. When he's giving me the intense eyes it's enough to get me sober for a few seconds. I swear he has a gift.

"Daniels, talk to my girl later, aight?"

"Your girl?" Jace's hand on me tightens. "She doesn't belong to you just 'cause you think you can get her into bed."

"She's my temporary girl," Rory says with a smirk in his voice. They're talking about me as if i'm not even here. "You know, like a rental. You can have her back once i'm done."

I let go of his hand, turning my head to yell at him but before I get the chance to, Jace has his fist in his face, hitting him until blood is on both of their flesh. Rory fights back, pushing Jace and making him go right into me but my body's too numb to feel the pain. I stumble back, hitting someone else and they hold me up. I'm about to turn around and thank the lord for putting a decent human being in this house, then I see that it's just Val.

People have gathered round, watching these two have it out while they record it on their phones.

"Fighting over you?" Val asks, putting his arm around my shoulders and his other one around Montana.

"Siempre, hermano."

I watch for a few seconds, not knowing what to do. Should I do anything?

"Tino, should we like, stop them?"

Valentino screws up his face and thinks. "Nah."

Jace knows how to handle himself in a fight, so Rory doesn't get many punches in and I'm totally fine with Rory getting a beating, the asshole.