Chapter 23

In what would've normally taken a half hour from Quantico, the team arrive at the warehouse in half that time, with SWAT closely behind.

"Alright, Garcia shows cell activity pinging from this wing of the warehouse," Derek shows SWAT and the team. "We let SWAT take the lead with a soft entrance so we don't let them know we're here. Reid and JJ, you take the eastern quadrant. Hotch and I will take the west, Rossi and Prentiss the south, and the rest of SWAT will stay north. Let's go."

The team split up to their respective sections, firefights ensuing at each turn as they fight off Doyle's men. After they get through them all, Hotch and Derek hear commotion from a room to their left.

"I told you you'd fucking lose!" Eliza says, erupting from her chair and breaking free from her ties, tackling Madison and starting to punch her, her wrists and other cuts Doyle made starting to re-bleed in the process.

"Get the hell off of her!" Sam says, pulling Eliza off. Derek then kicks the door in.

"FBI! Put your hands up!" Derek says to Sam and Madison, who charge him and Aaron. They shoot each of them before Aaron sees Doyle dragging Eliza away and speeds after them. He glances at Derek for the go-ahead. "Go!" Derek shouts.

"FBI! Stop!" Aaron yells. Ian stops and turns Eliza around, knife to her neck. "Ian Doyle, put the knife down." He looks at Eliza, tears in both of their eyes.

"And if I don't?" Ian says cockily.

"Then you're a dead man with nothing to show for yourself," Aaron says coldly. "Put it down."

"I know who you are, Agent. You're the one who fucked Eliza senseless the third time you saw her...a bit of a cliché if you ask me." Ian responds to spite Aaron.

"You talk like you know anything about what that's like," Aaron says, not falling for it.

"Well, not with this gorgeous specimen here, but her sister? Yeah, I do," Ian says.

"Give me a fucking break," Emily says, gun to Ian's back. Rossi soon approaches, as well. "You're surrounded, Ian...give it up."

"Not before I try something first." He drops Eliza to her knees and heads toward Aaron with the knife. Each of them shoot Ian, but Aaron takes the kill shot to the head before tending to Eliza.

"I need medical in the western quadrant, now!" Aaron screams into his wrist before kneeling beside her and holding her hands. "Eliza, I'm here. They're all gone now. You're safe."

"You knew...I knew the shoes would work," Eliza says softly, starting to lose her strength.

"I know; you did so great," Aaron replies, stroking her hair. "We're going to be out of here very soon. Try not to talk now."

"I told them we would win," she says softly, eyes fluttering shut.

"Shhh, I know. Let me see your eyes, E," Aaron says. Eliza opens her eyes. "There you go, just like that."

"I need to get out of here, Aaron," Eliza says, tears escaping her eyes.

"Shhh shhh, I know," he says softly, brushing the tears off her face. "Where the hell is medical?!" He yells into his wrist again.

The medic soon arrives and tends to Eliza, getting her on a stretcher as she continues to slip in and out of consciousness. The team sees her out, and both Aaron and Emily head into the ambulance. The rest of the team go to the hospital, Dave and Derek heading to Quantico to retrieve Penelope before meeting JJ and Spencer, all hoping and praying Eliza isn't too hurt to recover.

-

The ambulance rushes to the hospital, and Eliza continues to float in and out of consciousness. Emily holds her left hand, Aaron her right. "We're right here, Eliza," Emily assures her. As the ambulance stops at the hospital, Eliza's blood pressure plummets and the monitor buzzes every which way.

"Oh God!" Emily shrieks, starting to cry. The medic ignores her as he rushes Eliza off and meets the attending doctors.

"BP is 80/40, cuts to her wrist and legs, and potential internal bleeding in the abdomen," the medic says.

"Let's get to OR 4 people, let's move!" The attending surgeon says. Aaron and Emily catch up until the doors to the OR entrance shut in their faces.

"I'm sorry folks, this area is restricted," the medic says. "Please head to the waiting room, and someone will be with you shortly." Aaron runs his hand through his hair, tears stinging his eyes. He and Emily slowly make their way there to find the team.

"How is she?!" Penelope stands and asks.

"Her blood pressure just bottomed out as we got here," Emily says.

"She's in surgery now," Aaron says quietly as he flops into a chair. Everyone stays quiet and simply stares into space. A few hours later, the doctor appears, and everyone perks up.

"Eliza Carlisle?" The doctor asks.

"Yes?" Aaron asks, he and Emily both erupting out of their chairs.

"She's out of surgery now. She had some rough internal bleeding in the abdomen that we had to deal with, but she's going to be okay. She'll need a lot of rest, but she's going to be fine. You can see her in a few hours. You should get some rest and come back then."

"Thank you, Doctor," Aaron says, nodding at the man before walking away from the group. Emily follows.

"Aaron?" Emily asks, putting a hand to Aaron's back. "Are you ok?"

"She's gonna be ok," Aaron says softly, a single tear leaving his eye. Emily nods and starts to cry, and they hug. They then head back to the team. "You all should go home and rest, we've had such a long day." No one responds, indicating that they're not going anywhere. Aaron smiles softly. "Alright, then I guess we should get comfortable." Dave pats Aaron's back as he sits back down. Everyone then settles in and drifts in and out of sleep.

-

I am blown away by the recent love this story has been getting...thank you!!! This story has been a work in progress for a long time, and I appreciate all of the votes, comments, and adds to lists so much!!