Chapter 15

"Hello?" Aaron answers.

"Hi," Eliza says softly, clutching the doorknob behind her. "I am starting to remember what happened earlier, and I wanted to say that I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For making it clearly, drunkenly obvious that the girls know we slept together. I think Morgan may have found out too...when Pen called him..."

"Oh...I see..."

"Yeah...I messed up on that one. Nobody knows any details or anything; I never get into that. Just that it happened. And they won't tell. They just pulled it out of me like it was nothing," Eliza says, stressed about Aaron's reaction, as he stays quiet for a moment.

"That's what she said." Aaron says casually.

Eliza pauses and laughs, shocked. "Did you just make a joke?"

"You know you don't have the monopoly on humor here, E."

"Touché, Agent. You know, you need to teach me how to be a better liar...or, at least how to conceal the whole truth better. I really should know better, what with me being so close with all these profilers."

"Ahh, yes...you were pretty bad..."

"Is that right?" Eliza can't believe he's actually flirting with her right now.

"You were, but I like that."

"Oh I know," she smirks. "I guess you'll just have to punish me."

"That can be arranged," Aaron says confidently before changing the subject. "What are the girls doing?"

"They're asleep all over my living room. We just finished a movie...or I did, anyway."

"Where are you calling me from?"

"The hallway. Don't wanna wake anyone. And I don't feel like answering any more questions. You're welcome."

"Well, thank you. Did you get any water? It sounded like you needed some earlier," Aaron teases.

"Not yet, but I'm about to. I'll be ok; I stuck with one liquor tonight, so no spins over here."

"Good deal."

"Well alright Agent, I won't keep you. Good day over in your neck of the woods?"

"Yeah...uneventful, but that's good in my world."

"Good to hear. Maybe we can catch the next Saturday SoulCycle together? That is, if you're not too embarrassed to associate with me anymore," Eliza asks.

"It's a date. Let me know when you book your bike."

"Will do. Goodnight, Aaron."

"Goodnight, E."

Eliza smiles and turns back to open her door only to find that someone (or a group of someones) is pressed up to the door listening. Eliza knocks three times, and the girls open the door.

"What?" Eliza asks.

"You likeeee him," Penelope says, smiling.

"What she said," JJ says.

"Yep," Emily says. "What did I hear Rossi say on the jet to Hotch? Oh yeah, 'I think you're about to be on quite the ride.' I have to agree."

"I think all of you might be on to something," Eliza says with a smile before changing the subject. "Come on ladies, let's hydrate and go to bed," pouring water as she speaks.

"I'll grab the blankets!!" Penelope says.

Emily comes up and gives her sister a side hug. "Love you."