Chapter 3

"Deep breaths, queen. Let's do this," as she struts over to open the door, smoothing her dress before she grabs the doorknob. She opens the door to see a smiling Aaron with a big bundle of pink peonies in his hands.

"Hi!" She says excitedly. "Come on in!"

Aaron steps in the door, admiring Eliza's frame. Eliza reaches out to hug him, and he hugs her back, holding the bouquet in his left hand while hugging her with his right. She is a big fan of his outfit—sky blue button-up with the sleeves rolled up, black jeans, and some light brown dress shoes. She recognizes Gucci sunglasses popping out of his shirt pocket. "Big money," she thinks to herself.

"How are you?" He asks with a smile

"How are you?" He asks with a smile. "Wow, you look beautiful," continuing to take her in.

"Aww thank you," she replies shyly, slightly blushing. "You look pretty damn good yourself," her confidence growing as her eyes scan his body.

"Thanks," he says with a smile. "The-these are for you," he says nervously, handing her the flowers.

"Thank you so much, that is so sweet! They're beautiful. Let me just put these in some water. Please, sit wherever you want." Eliza says, going into the kitchen to handle the flowers. He opts to sit at the breakfast bar to admire his view for a moment before speaking again.

"You have such a nice home," he says, looking around the kitchen before glancing into the living room and seeing the off-white furniture and the baby grand piano near the wall of windows and modern staircase.

"Why thank you! It's a little bit modern, a little bit retro...kind of like me," she says cheekily.

Eliza puts the flowers in water and fluffs them some before setting them on the breakfast bar near Aaron. "Perfect," she says, admiring them. "Would you like a drink? I have just about everything, bourbon, wine, scotch, tequila..."

"Scotch sounds great," Aaron replies.

"Scotch it is," Eliza says, heading to her bar cart beside the breakfast bar.

"Is that Dean Martin playing?'" Aaron inquires.

"Good ear, Aaron...you like?" Eliza says.

"I think it's great," Aaron replies. "You don't see—or hear, I guess—that very much now a days."

"That's true...it just makes me smile," Eliza says, handing him the scotch, grabbing the rest of her wine, and sitting next to him at the counter. "Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong decade."

"I don't think so," Aaron says, smiling.

"Oh, you don't now?" Eliza quips with a wink.

"Nope. I think you are perfect right here right now," Aaron says with confidence.

She smiles as he looks her over. "You're a doll," Eliza says. "Say we move over into the living room? It's a little more comfortable," she suggests.