34. Mothers And Daughters.

Colby was thrilled to come back to Iowa after Raw because he knew this time, Becky would be there. Those two weeks of separation had been difficult to handle.

She got up from the couch once he passed the door.

- Wow. I don't know if it is because I haven't seen for a bit longer than usual, but this is a real baby bump.

- I know. I had to order real maternity clothes because everything is uncomfortable now.

He put his hands around her belly to judge its size.

She laughed.

- What's funny?

- The baby moved when you touched my belly.

- Really?

- And again when you talked.

- Yeah? Hey baby, daddy is back home. It's so great that you can feel it.

- I know. It connects me even more to the baby. It makes it even more real.

- How are you feeling? Not too exhausted?

- No, the nausea seems to quiet down. I'm even starting to have cravings.

- I have to prepare to go grocery shopping in the middle of the night?

- I'm just craving everything that  have chocolate in it for now.

He hugged her tight and buried his nose in her hair.

- I've missed you so much.

- God me too.

...

A few days later, they had an ob-gyn appointment.

After the usual examinations, they set up for the sonogram.

Even if it was the third, the feeling was still magical. They got emotional again hearing the heartbeat of their little one.

- Once again, the baby has a strong and steady heartbeat and is really active, that's a good thing. I can tell you the gender if you want?

They spoke at the same time.

- Yes, yes we want.

- Well, we can see that it's a babygirl. Congratulations, you're having a daughter.

Colby kissed Becky's cheek.

- You were right.

- We were both right.

....

They were spending a chill night on the couch, watching TV, when Becky started chuckling while rubbing her belly.

- What's happening?

- I think she has hiccups.

- You can tell that?

- It's not like when she moves. It feels like she's jumping at a regular rhythm.  See, it just happened again.

She took his hand and put it on her stomach.

- You don't feel it?

- I'm sorry, I don't feel anything.

- I have an idea, put your ear on my bump.

He did what she said. That's when he heard it. A little hiccup.

- Oh my God I can hear it. That's crazy.

- Are you gonna cry?

- It's different for you. You're more connected to her because you can feel her, you share the same body. This is the first time it's so real to me. I can hear my daughter. And that's the cutest sound I've ever heard.