20 - the cafe

a/n - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

it's december third

:)

(y/n)'s pov - december 3rd, 20xx

somehow, the girls had found out that we were going to hang out today. they helped me get ready, despite my protests, and inplanted the idea that it would be a date.

i obviously refused such ideas, there's no way that he would like me back. it's more likely that he would like momo over me.

nonetheless, they helped me choose my outfit. i was wearing a black skirt with pockets, a tucked in white button down, a bit of jewelry, and a pair of black combat boots. like yesterday, hagakure did my hair while mina and jirou put a bit of makeup on my face.

luckily for me, they did light makeup, so i didn't have to deal with a heavy face the whole time.

i slipped my phone and wallet into my pockets and headed out to the main living room. once there, i met with the half and half boy. he was wearing a pair of black jeans, black sneakers, and a blue sweatshirt.

"ready to go?" he asked me, slipping his phone into his pocket.

giving him a small smile, i nodded, "let's get going!" he held open the front door, and i turned back before leaving. seeing the girls, i stuck out my tongue at them, teasing them because they kept insisting it was a date.

we headed to the cafe, where we had previously ran into each other while studying for finals. i ordered a (favorite drink) and a slice of (favorite flavor) cake. meanwhile, the peppermint boy ordered an iced mocha and a few chocolate chip cookies.

i pulled the sleeve of his sweater and gestured toward a farmiliar table, "wanna sit there?"

the corners of his lips tugged upwards as he remembered the table, it was the same one we studied at. "sure, why not."

sitting across from each other like before, i fidgeted with the hem of my skirt a bit, straightening it out. i felt more nervous than before, solely because of the thoughts that the girls had invoked.

this isn't a date...

stop having hope.

my thoughts were interrupted as our orders were called out, and the boy stood up, "i'll get yours too, (l/n)."

"ah, thanks todo." heck yeah, i didn't stutter! when he got our orders, i ended up putting my hands on the table, playing with the button on my sleeve.

my drink and cake were placed down in front of me, and i turned as the teen spoke, "here you go."

he was leaning forward since he had to put down my things, causing our faces to be mere inches apart. my breath caught, and my heart was pounding. his eyes flickered down to my lips for a moment, and i quickly turned away.

blushing furiously, i tried to distract myself with my drink, blunting the thoughts and ignoring the feelings.

time skip brought to you by shindo's pretty boy smile💘

after we finished our orders, we started to walk around a bit. we ended up at a nearby park that was empty, that i had never seen before.

"did you know this place was here?" i asked, since he seemed to be leading our path as we walked around before.

he looked around at the park a bit, "i used to come here to avoid my dad when i was young."

for a moment, my eyebrows furrowed with worry and annoyance for the pro hero, but they eased up once i saw a small smile on the boy's face. "it's nice. i like how calm and quiet it is here."

we walked a bit further inside of the park, and ended up sitting on the swing set. while chatting, i lightly swung back and forth and watched the sun slowly set.

then, the half and half boy asked me a question, "(l/n), could i tell you something?"

my swinging came to a stop, since i could tell that something was up based on the tone of his voice, "go ahead."

he looked like he was thinking about something, and he got off of his swing. i watched as he came over and stood directly in front of me. "i-i've never done this before. and to be honest, i got advice from the other boys in class about this," as he spoke, i felt my heart beat faster wuth confusion.

his words seemed like they were going a bit faster as he continued, pulling out a bouquet of roses from somewhere on the play set beside us. "you don't have to reply right now. i just... wanted to let you know how i feel about you."

my hands unconsciously gripped tighter around the chains of my swing as i watched the boy, who looked amazing with the sunset behind him. he continued, "i like you (l/n)." handing over the roses to me, i took them and looked at it with complete disbelief.

me?

is he sure?

"y-you do?" i couldn't stop my stutter, practically shaking with anxiety now. "me?"

i couldn't bring myself to look up at him, and he noticed. gently, he lifted my chin up so that my eyes met his. "who else am i talking to?"

mesmerized in his grey and blue eyes, i unintentionally leaned into his touch. once i realized i was staring, i stood up from the swing, taking a chance. "i like you too todo..."

when i lifted my gaze to meet his, i saw a blush painting his complexion, and a sweet smile on his lips. i knew my face would have been red by now, but a wide grin grew on my face when i saw him.

i placed the roses on the swing seat behind me, and pulled the peppermint boy into a warm embrace. a light laugh left my lips and i wrapped my arms around his neck. he caught me and slid his arms around my waist, letting out his own soft laughter.

then, he pulled back a bit and looked at me. his eyes met mine, but then landed on my lips. he whispered a quiet question, "can i kiss you?"

"of course you can." i replied, and he lifted one of his hands to cradle my face. he leaned in, and i met him halfway, my eyes fluttering closed, and my heart pounding.

his lips were soft, and i could slightly feel the temperature difference from his left and right side. my hand moved into his soft hair, and the other rested on his chest.

once we pulled away, i buried my face into his chest, still in disbelief of what was going on.

"call me shoto."

my head popped up at this, and my eyes widened a bit. "then you can call me (y/n), shoto."

i'm... really happy that we went out today.

time skip brought to you by kurogiri's suit💘

we were headed back to the dorms, and i shivered a bit from the cold breeze that passed by. then, a blue sweater was pushed into my hands. "here, i don't want you to get sick."

shyly, i accepted it, pulling the larger sweater over my head. "thanks, sho..."

"sho?" he asked, and i suddenly realized what had slipped out of my mouth.

i let the sleeves fall past my hands, "is that okay?"

he grabbed my right hand and rolled up the sleeve, then interlacing our fingers together, "that's fine with me (y/n). if you'll be my girlfriend, that is."

my free hand jumped up to cover my mouth. girlfriend? i mean that makes sense... is this real?? "of course i will. oh! remind me when we get back, to give you back your sweater so i don't forget."

the boy, wait no.

my boyfriend looked at my outfit before slightly smiling, "you can keep it."

i leaned closer to the boy's warm side, "really? why?"

he shrugged, "it looks better on you than it did me."

"thanks sho."

"you're welcome, (y/n)."

word count - 1346
a/n - I DID IT WOOOOO also it is december third rn so i wanted to add in heather by conan gray, check it out if you don't know it!!! like and comment~ hehe one more chapter! (for now at least)
-nova✨