10 - attack

(y/n)'s pov

"are you ready for the test of courage?!?!?" the pink girl was beaming with excitement, dancing around with joy.

the raven headed boy crossed his arms, dramatically looking into the dark forest, "revelry in the dark."

kaminari was dancing side to side, arm linked with mina, as they anticipated the adrenaline of the forest at night.

but as expected, their joy couldn't last.

a scarf wrapped around their bodies, also wrangling up sero, kirishima, and sato. "tough luck kids, we've got supplementary lessons for you five, so you won't be able to participate in the test of courage."

the five students were squirming around, devastated at the news that our teacher, who was currently dragging them, told them. "nooooo~~~~ (l/n) save me!!!" the pink girl reached out to me, but i only gave a fake smile and a wave as they were pulled away.

mandalay got our attention once the group was gone, "okay then! the classes will take turns, first 1-b will set up at various spot in the forest to scare the other students! feel free to use your quirks to spook the walkers!"

class 1-b started to head into the forest, breaking into their own smaller groups and spreading out along the trail that we would walk through. meanwhile, mandalay gathered 1-a and had us draw partners. i ended up with todoroki, and watched as bakugo tried his best to find someone to switch partners with, he was with midoriya.

the greenette looked rather fidgety to be with the ticking time bomb, but mandalay stopped him from trading cards with anyone for a different partner.

it was pretty sad to watch.

eventually, it was time for todoroki and i to enter the forest, and we started along the trail.

there were a couple random noises as we walked, but no one from 1-b had popped out at us as we continued to go. it was oddly unnerving, not seeing anyone from 1-b when we definitely should have come across at least one group by now.

"oh!"

i couldn't stop the small gasp from escaping as todoroki and i both stared at the mysterious... head that popped out of the ground somehow.

yeah that's right.

a head.

we both stopped in our tracks and stared at the 1-b student, until they slowly sunk back into the ground, and let us continue along the trail.

"that was fun, huh todo?" i gave a small smile as we proceeded along, lightly nudging the candy cane boy.

he continued to walk next to me, simply giving a curt nod in response. further along, i stopped in my steps, thinking that i had heard a scream from somewhere in the forest. shaking my head, i ignored it, it was probably just someone getting scared by 1-b right?

i should've listened to my bad feelings from before.

"flesh... nice and juicy... fresh meat...." my eyes widened and i grabbed todoroki's arm, stopping both of us from moving forward. i pointed to two figures that were slightly to the side of the trail, one was a man wearing all black who had claw-like appendages growing from his mouth, and he was holding an unconscious 1-b student in his arms.

todoroki blasted the attacker away with a wall of ice, and i grabbed the unconscious boy from him at the same time. jumping back, i took a closer look at the mysterious man. he was completely covered, head to toe, except for his mouth and beady eyes. "you can't take away my meal.... that's my flesh to eat!!!" he yelled at us, and i activated my quirk, total concentration breathing : mirage and katamoya.