16 - jealousy

(y/n)'s pov

todoroki and i were lounging on the couch, playing uno to pass the time. it was the weekend and iwasavoidingmyparents,, uhm, and the boy was alsoavoidingendeavor'straining haha.

so obviously, we did what any other person would do.

play uno to pass the time.

totally not to ignore relentless texts and calls, no way!

well, we were playing uno. at least, until 66% of the big three visited the dorms. tamaki was hiding his face in his hands as mirio dragged him into the common room. "there you are (l/n)! amajiki was wondering if you wanted to train with us today!" the cheerful blonde leaned against the couch that the icyhot boy and i were sitting on.

placing down a card, i looked up at the boy across from me, "if you want to train, todo, then we can join them instead."

he placed down a plus four wild card and gave me a smile, "why not? either way it looks like i win this round."

rolling my eyes, i grabbed the cards out of his hands and quickly put them back in their box. "alright! it's cool for todo to join us right?" the blonde nodded, and i then gave a follow up question, "where are we training?"

finally, the ravenette spoke up, "mirio and i usually train without quirks at the beach."

"alright! let's get going then!"

time skip brought to you by shigaraki's chapped lips LMAO💘

i decided to take tsuki out with us, and we had finally arrived at the beach. "woah it's all cleared up! remember coming here and getting yelled at for climbing the trash as kids tamaki?"

placing down the cat, i slipped off my sneakers and and stepped onto the sand. the group followed behind me and the ravenette responses, "yeah. your dad hated it, and that one old man would always chase you to make you go away."

laughing into my hand, i turned back to the group and  gave a mischievous smile to the boys, "race you to the water!"

before they could react, i sprinted toward the sea, holding my sneakers in one hand and running beside tsuki. "hey!! wait!!!" they called after me, and i let out a laugh while turning back to the group.

looking back i saw tamaki trying to get his shoes off, mirio laughing at him, and todoroki watching me. i sent him a goofy smile, and continued with tsuki toward the saltwater.

i felt the cool sand under my feet and let the water hit up to my ankles. the usually shy teen came up and jumped onto my back, "you're still a little cheater, huh, (y/n)?"

frowning, i threw him over my shoulder, "and you're just as whiny, huh, tamaki?"

he hit the sand and grabbed me, pulling me to the sand with him, causing a yelp from me, "tamaki!!!!"

we laughed on the ground together, thinking back to the times we spent rough housing and playing around on the beach.

little did i know, a certain peppermint boy was watching us.

time skip brought to you by iida's wall of glasses💘

"come at me todoroki~"

i smirked, playfully motioning for him to strike first. we had started to work on one on one quirkless fights in the sand. mirio was currently facing tamaki and i was facing the the stoic teen.

letting him take the first move, i watched him while taking a fighting stance.

he came close and threw a right punch to my jaw. i swerved to the side and grabbed his wrist as it went past me. using his momentum, i pulled him further in the direction of his punch, bringing my elbow to smack him in the back.

then, he swept my leg and brought us both to the ground. he landed above me and i wrapped my legs around his waist and flipped him over my shoulder, kicking him a bit and landing on my hands and knees.

i jumped back up, and he followed suit. swinging a kick toward him, he grabbed my leg and pushed me backwards. i loosened my leg from his grip and he kneed me in the gut, causing me to reel back a bit to regain my breath.

grimacing, i managed to get a solid punch on his shoulder, following up with pushing him down to the ground. i tightly gripped his hands and pushed them into the sand, my ankles locked around his shins to keep him in place.

i smiled at the boy beneath me, "does this mean i win?"

it wasn't over. "not yet (l/n)," he used his weight to flip us over and lock me down onto the sand, as sneakily as possible, i slipped some sand into my fist, and analyzed the half and half boy who was pinning me down. "why are you so much more carefree with amajiki?"

his question caught me off guard, loosening my muscles a bit from struggling, "... i guess it's cause of our childhood together? why are you asking me this?"

eyes softening, and grip loosening, he relaxed a bit, "you never laughed like you did today. i liked hearing it."

"but i haven't heard you laugh either, huh?" catching him unprepared, i threw the sand in my hand at him. his hand went up to his face, and i threw the both of us rolling on the sand.

his hold changed to around my neck and waist, and i held onto his shirt instead. letting out another bubbly laugh, we rolled a bit on the sand until the red and white boy pinned me again, but more gentle this time.

a small smile tigger at his lips, "one day, (l/n). one day."

word count - 960
a/n - it's a lil shorter but i am tired so sorryyy 😔 i hope u enjoy! like and comment hehe
-nova✨