15 - ultimate moves

a/n - the order of events are a little jumbled in my head so we get the third years now!okok theyre supposed to come in after todo n bakugo fail the license exam but i wanna do it now so shhhhhhh

(y/n)'s pov

the class was now in gym gamma, surrounding mirio, who i had met on my first day. apparently tamaki, mirio, and nejire were known as the big three at ua as the most powerful of the third years.

previously, they came to our class to talk a bit about internships and bakugo kept challenging him to prove he was stronger.

that led to our hero training in gym gamma. after we all changed into our normal gym clothes, we all faced against the older blonde. instead of joining the energetic class, i was standing by tamaki, who was facing the corner of the room.

"mirio... are you sure this is a good idea? no one wants to be sent to the hospital for the next few years..." the ravenette muttered, talking into the wall.

the class was obviously offended. "i don't know how powerful this guy is, but i'm sure we can handle him! we've fought against pros before!!" kirishima flexed his arms and used his hardening for extra effect.

tokoyami activated dark shadow as armor, "he's right. i'm sure all of us together can beat him."

our resident hedgehog growled in annoyance, "i don't need help from you extras. i'll kill you on my own!!!"

i rolled my eyes, and looked over at my childhood friend while poking his shoulder, "is he really that powerful, tamaki?" (a/n - i was about to put tamaki senpai but the ouran flashbacks are too powerful)

the shy teen turned his head to face me and caught my hand, "just watch. you'll be surprised."

puffing out my cheeks, i leaned against the wall and watched. aizawa sensei gave the countdown, "are we all ready? three, two, one, go!"

before i knew it, his clothes... fell off?? "sorry, the quirk is a bit difficult at times haha." he explained briefly as the close fighters charged him with slight confusion.

mirio vanished, and reappeared behind jirou, fully naked.

needless to say, the poor girl freaked out and screamed.

he punched her in the stomach, and got the class' attention, "i'll deal with the long distance users first then!"

as he spoke, he had a smile on his face, just like all might. from behind him, sero shot his tape and aoyama used his beam, but they went right through him somehow.

at a rapid pace, he did the same thing as before, vanishing and reappearing to sucker punch the next person in the stomach.

soon enough, he reappeared and was wearing a pair of pants, finally. half the class was lying in the ground in pain, while the rest were staring at the third year with wide eyes.

"power!!!!!!!! close range fighters next, i suppose!"

midoriya was trying his best to analyze and figure out what the blonde's quirk was, "whether he can warp through matter or move through space, we need to focus on what we do know! the moment right before he hits someone, he has to rematerialize, so at that moment we should be able to hit him!"

moments later, mirio popped up behind deku, who almost landed a kick on the older student. sadly, he wasn't close enough, and got sucked punched like the rest. tamaki commented about his friend, "it's not the quirk that is so powerful. it's mirio's training that got him this far."

mr aizawa nodded and added on, "right now, he's the closest to become the next symbol of peace." then, he noticed me, "why aren't you fighting with them (l/n)?"

this drew tamaki's attention to me as well, and i smiled, "just wanted to observe a bit first."

mirio just finished handling the rest of the class, and looked over to me, "are you fighting too?"

i nodded, and he brought his fists up in a fighting position. total concentration breathing : mirage.

vanishing from sight i watched the boy look around in slight confusion and preparation.

silently, i approached the third year and formulated a quick plan in my mind. kumoya. i chucked the kunais at the teen, and quickly approached him from the side, directing his attention away from me.

the kunais went straight through him, but that wasn't my goal either way. i blurred the illusion of invisibility, letting him glimpse me while simultaneously filling the room with my mist.

as i anticipated, he appeared behind me, and tried to punch me, and jumped out of the way and grabbed his arm to throw him over my shoulder using his momentum.

it worked!

kinda.

instead of hitting the ground, i watched as he fell through it.

that's fine i guess.

with my mirage back up, i waited for him to reappear, and once he did i changed the mist. concentrating on the mist around the teen, i used my strongest technique to knock him out, causing the boy to collapse on the spot.

breathing heavily, i released my mirage, and the mist dissolved into the air.

tamaki, nejire, and mr aizawa both came over to me with suprise evident on their faces. the bluenette was the first to speak, "that was so cool (l/n)!!! good job beating mirio!!!"

the shy teen was next, "that was amazing (y/n)... i never knew how strong you had gotten..."

i looked over to my teacher, "should i try to wake him up now?" he nodded, and i squatted down to use my mist like i did on sero before.

he slowly regained consciousness and put on his clothes that were given to him by tamaki. "... wow!!! you're really strong (l/n)!!!! let's spar again some time!!!"

smiling, i helped some of my classmates get back up, "i'd love to mirio senpai."

time skip brought to you by dabi being hot💘

panting, i stared at my clone of ectoplasm who had a hole through the center. "it's not enough..." i mumbled to myself, feeling a burning sensation in my lungs.

ectoplasm closed up his wound, "you're getting stronger (l/n). just focus more."

yeah that's what i've been doing.

i took a deep breath and tried again, mist shot. condensing the mist into one large bullet, i directed it toward the clone, trying to keep the size and density the same.

it worked!

the clone was basically shot in half, disappearing from the blow. "haha!! i did it!!!" i couldn't help but celebrate at my success, finally executing one of my ultimate moves.

jumping down, i headed to the benches by the side to grab some water. i sat beside the icyhot boy who was also taking a small break. "how are the moves coming along todo?"

he pushed back his bangs and leaned against the bench, "i'm still trying to mix my flames and ice into one move, but i can't figure it out."

"hmm... that's tough... would it be possible to stimulate a mini tornado? make a cold draft rise and a hot one fall?" motioning with my hands, i explained my idea to him. (a/n - is this possible??? lmaooo also take a moment to actually imagine the next sentence, hair slicked back too cause aHhHh)

leaning his chin on his hand, he turned his glance toward me, "i'll try it out. thank you (l/n)." making eye contact with the peppermint boy and hearing his deep voice brought a small blush to my cheeks, so i turned away, hopefully hiding it. "how have you been doing?"

i watched my classmates fight their own clones while responding, "one of mine is completed! i just want to work on doing my total concentration breathing 24/7 and make different versions of my mist shot." we both stood up and put our water bottles back on the side. "well then!"

"good luck (l/n)."

"right back at you todoroki."

word count - 1340
a/n - i'm such a simp it's crazy anywaysssss (y/n) do be op what an icon// like and comment if you enjoyed!
-nova✨