1 - first day

(y/n)'s pov

okay okay okay. this is fine. first day at UA, it's fineeee. nothing to worry about. no biggie. no issues.

and just like that, i got through the first day perfectly, happily ever after.

..... okay funny joke let's actually start the story now.

currently, still in the car that was pulled up in front of UA, i was nervous. it was my first day at UA, the oh so prestigious hero school that all kids aspired to go to.

despite all the excitement and hype, i was still shaking at the thought of leaving the car.

"(y/n)~ hurry up and get out or i'll be late for my class. if i miss another class, the professor said he'd flunk me!! i still have to drive all the way there too, you'll be fine." my lovely and kind brother whined while slightly pushing me out of the car.

he was completely right though, the college was a good distance away, and he... was not the best student. "okay okay, dou-dou. see you later." with a sigh, i sadly left the car, glancing back at my rainbow eyed older brother. (does anyone know who he's supposed to be ;D)

i fiddled with the buttons on the grey blazer sleeve, approaching the ginormous doorway. tf why is it so tall?? according to the acceptance letter that was sent to me, i was supposed to find the principal's office to get my schedule and class. unfortunately for me, i had just been transferred into UA in the middle of the year, simply because i chose to help out the heroes at the hosu incident.

inside the school, the halls were packed, students rushing around and chattering with each other nonstop. i faltered in my steps, shocked at the noise level and feeling a bit overwhelmed at the notion that i would have to navigate myself through the crowd.

"excuse me, miss!!" a slightly authoritative voice called out, and i turned to see a boy with navy blue hair and eyes that were behind his glasses. one of his hands was raised up, stiffly waving to get my attention. "you seem to be lost, how could i help you?"

my arms dropped to my side, along with my gaze as i replied, "ah, uh yeah i'm supposed to go to the principal's office, but i don't know where it is..."

the boy gave a proud smile, "of course! i can lead you there!!! oh! by the way, my name is iida tenya!" we started to slip through the crowd and head further into the maze of hallways.

just as we stopped in front of a door, i bowed to my guide, "i'm (l/n) (y/n). thank you iida-kun."

"no problem (l/n)-san!" he bowed one last time before vanishing into the crowd, most likely heading to class.

ah... ok now it's time to go inside and meet the principal. principal... nezu i believe? bracing my nerves, i carefully pushed open the door to see a white bear/raccoon/dog sitting behind a desk while chatting with a disheveled and tired man.

"oh, there you are (l/n)! we were just talking about you!" the, uh, animal behind the desk casually greeted me.

closing the door behind me, i entered the room and headed over to the two, "principal nezu. thank you for this opportunity." i gave him a short bow as he waved his paws to stop me.

he chuckled a bit, "ah, nonsense miss (y/n)! it's all thanks to your heroic actions, plus endeavor's recommendation! anyways, this is your new home room teacher, mr aizawa!" i glanced over to the man, only to meet his cold dark eyes, and i quickly bowed while muttering a quiet greeting. "alrighty then! you'll be joining 1-a and have all of your classes with them!"

then, the bell rang, signaling the start of first period most likely. the tired man stood up and headed to the door, while i hurriedly followed after him. i turned before leaving to utter another, "thank you principal nezu." before we had left.

as we passed through the halls, i tried to take mental note of the different classes and where they were so i wouldn't be lost later. then, we stopped in front of a classroom and mr aizawa told me to wait outside until he called me inside.

while waiting, i was able to hear the drowsy teacher and the loud students inside.

"settle down, today we have a new student joining us from now on." the class erupted in murmurs, some wondering my gender, and some wondering why i was transferring so late in the year.

then, mr aizawa opened the door and gestured for me to enter the classroom. gulping, i entered and scanned the faces inside, eventually introducing myself. "i'm (l/n) (y/n). nice to meet you all," i bowed and apparently caused more comments to be made amongst the students.

our teacher shushed the class once more until he got their attention, "okay, you can ask (l/n) a few questions, just make it quick. say your name and quirk when she calls on you."

first was a boy with black hair and a slightly weird smile, "sero hanta, tape! what's your quirk?"

i fiddled with the hem of my skirt as i answered, "uhm, it's called mist. i can breathe out any type of gas with any use, and create a sword out of the mist while using it."

next was a girl with brown hair and rosy cheeks, "uraraka ochaco! zero gravity! why'd you transfer mid year?"

"ah, before this i was just at a normal high school in the area. i ended up helping out a few heroes at hosu, and got reccomended to come here." as i explained, a boy with messy green hair and freckles gasped.

"wait a moment!!! you were that girl at hosu right? you were the one who was fighting beside endeavor!" the boy exclaimed, and i simply nodded to confirm his beliefs.

it seemed like the entire class was surprised at this information, especially the boy who guided me earlier, iida i believe? and another boy with half red and white hair.

luckily, i was saved by mr aizawa who directed me to my seat in the back corner behind a pretty girl who quickly introduced herself as yaoyorozu momo. once at my desk, i sighed and placed my face into my hands, already feeling exhausted and ready to go home.

time skip brought to you by monoma being kazoo kid💘 - lunch time!

as the rest of the class rushed out, i followed toward the back and was quickly surrounded by a few of the students in my class.

"hey (l/n)-chan!! wanna come eat with us?"

"no way! i wanna talk to (l/n)"

"you can come with us if you want, (l/n)!"

as they casually argued, i noticed a familiar black head  of hair pass by, and i escaped the group quickly. grabbing the sleeve of his blazer, i softly spoke, "tamaki?"

"(y-y/n)?!? what are you doing here?" i quickly brought the taller male into a hug, excited to see a face from the past.

he wrapped his arms around me, and a joyful voice asked from the side, "oh? who's this amajiki?"

suddenly, i realized what i was doing and quickly stepped back, feeling flustered. "ah, i- i'm tamaki's childhood friend. sorry, i didn't mean to do that."

the person who asked earlier, who had blond hair and bright blue eyes, had a small realization, "ohhhh i see. you must be the new transfer student then!" meekly, i nodded in affirmation and he introduced himself to me, "i'm mirio togata!"

shaking his hand, i gave him a small smile, "(l/n) (y/n). you're both third years then, right?"

they nodded, and offered to give me a mini tour of the school.

word count - 1333
a/n - sorry this feels bland but exposition??? dw next chapter we r gonna have more of mr canadian flag 🥰
-nova✨