Chapter Sixteen

Honey sat in her bed silently, so much had happened that night and she could only assume she was still in shock.

She had never felt so horrible yet so numb in her entire life. All she could see playing in her head was the dead body of the once pure and innocent unicorn ad it was tainted by none other than Voldemort himself.

Honey couldn't help but feel responsible for the creature's death. If she had been faster. If she had told Harry the truth may be the unicorn could have been saved.

But then again Harry would never believe her. She was nothing to him. Just another person to follow him around. Just another person.

She wasn't his sister, not to him at least.

Honey quickly pulled her knees into her chest, hugging her legs tightly. She sat there in silence, unable to cry, or feel angry.

All she could do was sit and think.
Which was the most dangerous thing for her in those moments, her wild imagination taking full force. She started over to her blank walls, as she listened to the calls of Hagrid, Hermione, and Ron.

"Harry?" Hagrid called full of worry

"Harry we are so glad you're okay!" Hermione rang through cheerfully

"What happened Harry?" She heard Ronald question.

She scoffed to herself as she tried to force the voices from her head.

"Honey are you okay?" She whispered to herself.

"I'm so glad your safe,".

"Are you hurt anywhere?" Honey said a single test rolling down her face without her realizing.

All the worry the group had for Harry didn't extend to her, and although Harry made it out unscathed, Honey had been physically and emotionally hurt.

She picked at the cuts that lined her legs and cringed as she touched a particularly sensitive cut on her knee

"I should have known better, who am I compared to the great Harry Potter?
So what if I'm his sister! No one knows! Why would I expect to be as good as him, I was raised by the cruelest teacher at Hogwarts I wouldn't trust me either," Honey mumbled to herself.

She laid herself down in her bed without a noise.

Mel tried her best to comfort the young girl but Honey refused to let the bird close to her making a point of turning away from the bird whenever it sat within her gaze.

She tossed and turned in her bed lost in thoughts of why she wasn't good enough, go be Snape's daughter, to be Harry's friend, to attend Hogwarts. These thoughts tormented her until she finally drifted to sleep.

***

She awoke late the next day, but honestly, she didn't care. Nothing seemed as important to Honey as it had the day before. She decided to skip her classes and just stay in bed, which seemed to be the better option, she didn't want to explain why she was upset, nor was she allowed to.

She stayed in her room all day quiet, most of the time she spent sleeping. It wasn't until around dinner when she decided she not only needed to eat but she needed to prove to people that she was fine even if she wasn't.

She slowly changed out of her slept-in clothes and headed out the door quietly. She walked slowly to the Great hall in discomfort and fear.

She was afraid to face her schoolmates. She was afraid that they would know her and how she felt and push her to tell. But most importantly she was afraid to be around Harry.