Chapter Twenty-one

The next day in the great hall. All students were seated at their house tables, and green banners with snakes on them were all around the ceiling.

Honey sat proudly next to her father and the rest of the professors, looking down at the other students of Hogwarts.

Dumbledore nodded to McGonagall. McGonagall nodded back in response she quickly dinged her glass and the chatter stopped and Dumbledore gracefully raised from his seat and walked to stand in front of the school behind his podium.

"Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus. In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points." Dumbledore left an awkward pause for students to clap. Honey looked over at her brother and their Gryffindor friends she watched as he ducked his head at the mention of their house points, probably knowing they cost their house plenty of points.

"Third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points." Dumbledore again paused for students to clap. "In the second place, Ravenclaw, with 426 points. And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin House."

The hall suddenly burst out in loud cheers from the Slytherin table the loudest being Draco. Honey watched his blonde head bobble in excitement and even let out a small giggle when she watched him taught Ron.

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last-minute points to award." Dumbledore interrupted clearly less than excited for the Slytherin students. "To Miss Hermione Granger, for the use of cool intellect when others were in great peril, 50 points." Honey shot her a big smile as the Griffindoors all clapped excitedly.

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best-played game of chess. that Hogwarts has seen these many years...50 points " Honey looked at Ron his face completely dumbfounded as the Gryffindor table again burst out in cheers.

"And third, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house 60 points." This time the tables burst out in intense applause, and cheers.

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom." Dumbledore finished a slight smile playing into his face.

Honey also skilled as everyone stood and cheered for Neville, she even felt proud of him, she did have a sort of soft spot for the boy after all.

"Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of direction is in order. Gryffindor wins the House Cup!" He suddenly clapped his hands and the banners around the great hall changed from green and sliver the red and gold.

The entire Gryfindoor table burst into cheers, throwing their hats jumping around, and cheering. It was adorable to Honey to see them all with such pure joy.

Honey felt her father's eyes on her and turned to smile at the man.

She was sad the year had ended, but she was glad to be alive, glad to be with her father.

"Everyone will know now won't they?" Honey asked her father hopefully.

"Regretfully" Severus responded.

"Then would it be okay if I say goodbye to Harry at the train?" She asked her voice a bit quieter than before. Severus thought for a moment, unsure how he felt.