Chapter Two

Honey woke up early, too early. But she was too excited to sleep any longer. Today her father was taking her to Diagon Alley.

This was step two, in her mind, of officially being a Hogwarts student. Which meant there was only one step left, getting sorted.

She was fully dressed and had been pacing her room for roughly an hour, her fingers found comfort in playing with the end of the sleeves of her blue sweater.

Her excitement was getting the best of her as she watched the sun begin to rise through her window.

"Just a little longer, Honey, calm down. Today is going to be amazing. Nothing can go wrong!" The girl reminded herself aloud as she attempted to steady her heart.

Another hour passed by and Honey continued to pace her room. She had been waiting for so long, she just couldn't wait any longer, it was driving her mad. The girl slowly crept out of her room and walked down the hall towards her father's room.

Honey knocked four times. She held her breath waiting for the door to open but, after a few seconds, she gave up and just opened the door.

"Dad?" She quietly called into the room. The man didn't respond. Instead, he just rolled to face the other side of his bed. Honey sighed before she walked over to the side of the bed and smirked.

"Hey, dad? Can I have a boyfriend?" She softly whispered. To her father.

The sleeping man sat up rather quickly.

"You may not," Severus said in his usual stern tone.

Honey giggled. "Goooood morning Dad." The girl said trying to sound as innocent as possible.

"I take it you're excited to go to Diagon Alley, correct?" He asked as he lifted an eyebrow.

Honey nodded her head enthusiastically.

Severus sighed as he sat up in bed. He always thought Honey was rather exhausting. Her positive hyperactivity was something he had gotten used to, even though it was quite annoying most of the time, but she was still the pride and joy of his life.

"Fine. I shall get myself ready, then we will leave." The dark man said calmly as he walked his daughter out of his room.

Today is going to be a painfully long day, Severus thought to himself.

Honey was sitting on the floor of their small living room and humming to herself when Severus emerged from his room.

He stood in the doorway for a few moments to watch her, listening to her hum what he assumed was the Hogwarts song, knowing Honey.

She seemed so hopeful as she hummed the tune. Severus didn't want to interrupt her, so he just watched as a slight smile crept onto his stern face.

Honey looked over and smiled upon seeing her father. It was finally time for them to go to Diagon Alley.

She stood up and brushed a piece of her black hair from her face.

"Alright, are we ready to go?" Severus asked the girl.

She didn't answer. She just smiled and gave a quick nod before her father held out the bag of floo powder.

"Now, when you get there, don't runoff. Wait for me. Do you understand?" Severus said sternly to his daughter.

Honey took no hesitation to nod. As excited as she was to go to Diagon Alley, she also knew how unfamiliar with the area she was. She could easily get lost with no one to help her.

She carefully grabbed a handful of floo powder and walked closer to the fireplace. Honey took one last deep breath to calm herself before she stepped into the middle of the fireplace.