Chapter Nine

It had taken Honey a few weeks to fully collect herself, and thanks to headmaster Dumbledore she was given two weeks of in-home learning, away from the rest of the school.

Severus had suggested that letting Honey rest and take time to regain a hold on herself would be best in this situation, so that she wouldn't accidentally tell Harry or anyone else what she knew and so Dumbledore made it happen, for the safety of their plan.

During that time Honey made sure she was keeping up with the rest of her class even if she couldn't physically attend classes.

Her friends would send her letters to make sure she was okay, and her father taught her all about her real parents, even though it clearly hurt him.

After two weeks she returned to normal classes and was able to be herself to the fullest extent.

She got dressed early and made her way to the great hall.

She had one goal for the day, to figure out why Harry was avoiding her, and to fix it.

She wanted to be as close to Harry as she could be that way when he found out it would hopefully be less awkward between them.

She quickly straightened her jumper and then pulled open one of the large doors to the Great hall.

She quickly scanned over the Gryffindor table until she spotted a very specific Weasley.

She smirked at the sight before carefully skipping forward to the seat next to him.

"Hi, Ronald!" She said cheerfully as she gathered herself a small plate of food.

Harry stiffened slightly as he watched the girl sit down next to Ron.

Ron on the other hand had been stuffing his face so contently that he had no idea the girl was next to him until she spoke.

"Bloody hell Honey!" Ron exclaimed. "You snuck up on me," he finished his sentence by shoving another forkful of food into his mouth and turning away from the girl.

"I'm sorry," Honey giggled as she copied Ron and put a forkful of her own food in her mouth.

"So Honey where have you been? You have been missing all of your classes," Hermione said in her usually snarky know-it-all tone that always made Honey feel like giggling, but right then at that moment, it struck fear into her heart.

Her father never discussed what she should say to students or even fellow students when they questioned her absence.

"Oh, I was uhhh....practicing a spell at home and ended up cursing myself. Took me quite a bit to heal," Honey laughed nervously, normally she would have created a much better lie but Honey wasn't as good with improv as she was with practiced lines.

Hermione eyed the girl suspiciously but seemed to know better than to ask any more questions.

Honey looked over at Harry and as expected he looked tense, but not as tense as usual.

She thought for a moment, she wanted to say something that would gain their trust because at that moment she was sure she had not only lost some of Harry's, but Ron and Hermione also seemed to be being more cautious around her than normal.

She fought her brain to think of the last time they all seemed to trust her last, and that's when she remembered. She had been trying so hard to forget the night of the troll attack that she had completely forgotten that they had all helped her greatly that night.

"Oh Harry, Ron, I never got the chance to thank you for going and helping Hermione for me, I wish I could have been a bit more useful but I know I wouldn't have been able to take on a troll, but in the end, I was so scared that something would happen to you and it would all be my fault but I was wrong you guys are all truly amazing." Honey said sincerely.