Chapter One

Severus Snape paced around his office. There was only so much longer he could hide the letters from his daughter Honey.

He knew she would begin to worry that she wasn't accepted to her dream school, he knew it would begin to crush her spirits. He just needed a few more days to prepare himself for all that would come with his daughter attending Hogwarts.

Most parents would be ecstatic about their children attending Hogwarts, but Severus couldn't bring himself to be happy for her.

He knew that she was going to have a rough time fitting in, after all, she'd never really been introduced to other people unless absolutely necessary.

Not only that, she was the daughter of one of Hogwarts' most strict professors which would likely bring a lot of attention onto his little flower.

He bought her every book he could get her, he wanted her to be magically gifted before she could even actually use magic.

He'd spent so much time preparing her for Hogwarts, making sure she knew all she would need to know about the school and the classes, and yet, he was the one who wasn't ready.

He loved his daughter wholeheartedly, of course, his parenting was a little strange at times, but he never wanted to see her struggle.

Severus sighed as another letter slid under the door. He knew it was his duty to deliver the letter to her, he knew it must be done today or soon, they would be drowning in letters.

He walked as slowly as he could up to the young girl's door.

He took a moment to take a deep breath, trying to collect himself, before he knocked twice and entering.

"Honey?" Snape called in his monotone voice.

She was still asleep, not that it surprised him. The girl often stayed up all night painting or studying, causing her to sleep till the later hours of the day. He slowly walked over to her bed and sat down next to her.

"Honey," Snape called her name again this time gently shaking her.

The small girl started to force herself awake. She slowly pushed herself up and rubbed her eyes.

Severus noted that she still had the tiniest bit of paint on the tips of her fingers.

"Dad?" She said softly.

Severus gently held up the letter for Honey to see.

Being as she just woke up, she stared at the letter for a few moments before snatching the letter from her father at lightning speed.

"This is it! Isn't it?" She beamed to her father.

He had never seen her look so happy before, and it made him happy to see her so excited.

But that happiness faded quickly. He didn't have long until he would lose his little girl to the bustle of Hogwarts, to the chaos that was about to unravel. He felt his features return to his worried scowl as he imagined all that could go wrong at Hogwarts.

Honey watched her father's face fall, she worried about him. He was always so stressed.

She remembered once when she was five, he took her to a Christmas party at Malfoy's family mansion. He made her hold his hand the whole night and she wasn't allowed to be farther than three feet from him, in case something went wrong.

While others would see this as overbearing, Honey knew her father was always doing what was best for her and never questioned his judgment.

So when she saw his features return to his signature scowl, she couldn't help but reach out and hug him.