Chapter Fourteen

It was now spring, and much to Honey's liking everything seemed rather normal which was all she could ask for.

Well all normal except for the fact that her friends and herself were almost constantly trying to find any information on Nicholas Flammel and the fact that she hadn't talked to Draco since Christmas.

As much as she wanted to be sad about her situation with Draco her mind was far too preoccupied with her friends' investigation into the secret room on the third floor.

Honey knew about Fluffy, and that he was guarding something but if she was honest she was just as curious as her friends to find out what her father was hiding from her.

They were all once again in the library searching endlessly for the book Hermione swore she had read about Nicholas Flammel in before.

Honey wsd completely involved in her book of odd magical objects when suddenly Hermione walked up to the group with a large book.

"I had you looking in the wrong section! How could I be so stupid!?" Hermione called as she
quickly slammed the book onto the table practically on top of Harry's fingers. This caused a loud thump which made Honey flinch ever so slightly.

"I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading." Hermione said while sitting down slowly.

"This is light?" Ron questioned the girl in disgust.

Honey watched as Hermione shot the boy a slight glare and giggled to herself, she had always seen them as an odd pair, and when their opposite personalities collided it would always amuse her.

Honey watched as Hermione's small hands delicately opened the book and searched for the page she needed. It scared Honey how Hermione's eyes were so intense when she was focused.

"Of course! Here it is!" Hermione said her eyes lighting up with excitement.

"Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!" She read directly from the book as she guided her eyes with her fingers.

"The what?" Both boys said simultaneously in pure confusion.

Honey felt herself sit up slightly she had just read about the Philosopher's stone in the book in her hands at that very moment. She quickly turned the page in her book back to the one about the rare stone.

Hermione shook her head. "Honestly, don't you two read?" She scolded.

"The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal." She read clearly and carefully from her own book as Hermione had done before.

"Immortal?" Ron repeated.

"It means you'll never die," Hermione explained without missing a beat.

"I know what it means!" Ron challenged raising his voice.

"Shh." Harry raised a finger to his lips as he shushed the boy.

"The only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday!" That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone!" Hermione said as she finished reading.

All four children looked at one another in a moment of realization.

"We need to see Hagrid," Honey whispered as the sudden feeling of uneasiness flooded her body.

The group cleaned up their books and began to walk away from the library.

The group made their way away from the school and approached Hagrid's small hut.