Epilogue

It's the last one...

***

A few months later...

"Are you nervous?" Nicole asked, watching the bride do her final touches.

Maggie turned towards her, smiling as warmly as she usually did, the new waves of her hair framing her face. Dressed in a modest, knee-length dress, with long sleeves, she looked radiant as ever.

"Not really," she shook her head gently. "I've known Burt for so long, I think I'm more happy than anything."

"That's so sweet," Nicole grinned.

Today, Maggie and Burt were getting married, a small, private ceremony that would be held in the large garden of the Campbell House.

Blake had organised everything...with Mia's help. He wanted this day to be as special as it could, marrying the couple at the place where they had first met.

All attending found this wedding to be the sweetest thing ever.

"When did you realise you were in love with him?" Nicole then asked Maggie.

She'd been out of the loop for most of this. It was only after she'd started dating Blake, did he let her in on what he thought about the two together and then how Maggie and Burt actually had feelings for one another.

Maggie smiled fondly, her fingers gently touched the earrings she wore, beautiful pearls that had been gifted by her soon to be husband.

"Burt and I have been working in the Campbell House for as long as I can remember. We were always friendly," she revealed.

Nicole then lifted her brows. "And then?"

She smiled at Nicole's curiousness. "When he left for a short period of time, I would always think about how much I missed him."

This surprised Nicole, since she had assumed Burt had always remained the employee of the Campbell's.

"He left?" She asked.

Maggie nodded. "It was only briefly," she then said. "He went to take care of his sister, before she sadly passed away."

It was a sad time in Burt's life and she still remembered the way he cried remembering his little sister.

"Did you tell him how much you missed him?" Nicole asked, smiling.

She didn't want Maggie to remember anything sad right now, it was a happy day and that's how it would remain.

Maggie looked at her with widened eyes, her hand against her chest. "No. I could never. My mother raised me to never say your feelings outright like that."

Nicole chuckled a little. "That sucks."

Her mother had told her to shut up many times, because she never stopped talking about her feelings.

Maggie looked at her and laughed as well. "I'm glad you don't think like that."

She was glad the generations now were raising stronger women, ones that would voice their opinions and not be held back. Women that did not have to wait to be allowed to share their feelings.

"Then what happened?" Nicole asked.

Maggie felt a deep blush come over her cheeks.

"Look at me, gossiping like a schoolgirl," she said, feeling shy all of a sudden.

"No, please. Tell me," Nicole urged her.

She found this all so adorable, especially the way she spoke about Burt, her feelings, and everything. Maggie was so cute, she was like sugar, coated in honey.