26

Brace yourselves.
It's a long chapter...

***

It had been weeks since Fight Night, and Nicole still felt the frustration that Blake left her with.

Even her nights were restless. All she could picture behind her closed eyes was Blake, his hands on her waist, trailing up. His lips on her skin, covering every inch of her. Bodies pressed together, no distance between them.

It was safe to say, when Nicole woke up, she was more tired than she was, when she initially went to bed.

It annoyed Nicole to her core, literally.

No one had ever got to her like Blake did, and she didn't know what to do. Usually she'd be the flirty one and leaving someone wanting, not the other way around.

Every time she thought she could one up Blake, he'd would flip it back on her.

All she could picture was his mischievous blue eyes and the playful smirk on his lips.

Nicole wasn't sure if it was just the whole ambience of the arena or what, but she was so close to just taking Blake there and then, in that corridor, not caring if they were caught.

Why she wanted him so bad, was a complete mystery to Nicole, but she didn't like it. Her feelings were a jumbled up mess, where she couldn't distinguish anything.

Control. That was just slipping away from her and Nicole knew that if she wasn't careful, she'd lose herself completely. The one thing that she swore to herself wouldn't happen, not after the last time.

However, control was a hard thing to keep, especially when Blake seemed insistent on doing the 'leg work' to score a date with her.

Nicole had initially assumed that if she told Blake that he'd have to work hard to even get a date with her, it'd put him off, but that only seemed to have motivated him more.

Now, ever since Fight Night, Nicole kept on receiving these little postcards from Blake. The man was actually posting to her, as if texts or even emails didn't exist.

The postcards never really had anything serious written on, it was always either some random thought of his, a cheesy joke or pick-up line, or something flirty or sexual. Nicole was so happy that he put them in an envelope before sending it off, or that would just be mortifying.

She wasn't entirely sure what he was planning on achieving with this, but it did make her laugh every time she saw she got one.

Sometimes she'd look forward to it.

Blake Campbell was actually trying to woo her, and Nicole was afraid of it working.

Thankfully, she didn't spend all her time thinking about all of that, when there was work to keep her busy.

Ever since she'd come back from Milan, her boss, Barney, was really happy with the work that she did out there. Her innovative ideas and mindset, really did help the struggling magazine and it gave it more of a chance at survival.

For this reason, Barney rewarded Nicole with more responsibility. To anyone else, more work just seemed like punishment, but to Nicole, she loved her job and was happy to take on more.

The project that was taking up her time in the recent weeks, was a Fashion Show.

Nicole was going to be responsible for organising a fashion show for the magazine she worked for, Wilde, to celebrate their 100th Issue.

It was a lot to handle but Nicole was excited nonetheless...until it got closer to the day, and then she was practically shitting bricks.

Overwhelmed. That was the perfect word to describe how Nicole felt. She had never put on a fashion show and the fact that she knew this was practically a test, it just made her so much more nervous.