17

Working in the family company wasn't something that Blake really liked, but did it anyway, especially since he had to keep up appearances.

'What would people say, if the heir to the company wasn't showing his face at work?' Was the main rhetorical question that his father would throw at Blake, whenever he spoke up about his own wishes.

For the last three weeks, the company was working on an expansion of their distribution and Blake was trying to get more involved, rather than just sit there in the meetings as a pretty face.

He knew people already thought he was there because of his father, which was true, but Blake was proved himself to be more than just a pretty face.

Whilst at university, he completed a double-major, half of which was financial business, to appease his tyrant of a father, and he'd learnt a few things.

Not all his suggestions or decisions were agreed upon, since his father apparently knew better, but Blake didn't care about it much. As far has he was concerned, he was still trying and proving his worth.

Late in the evening, Blake had finished a long day of work but instead of going back to his parent's place, he was heading to Sebastian's.

Whenever unsure on a decision, Blake would turn to his mates for advice.

It was clear that Sebastian was quite successful in his company, Roman ran his company well, and Diana was expanding her father's gym. They were always great help and there was no way in hell Blake would turn to his father.

Sebastian had lent Blake one of his company case-study files, to study from, one that related to an expansion.

Blake knocked on the door to Sebastian's place, after already being let into the building.

The door opened not long after, with Sebastian stood there in a casual attire. Something, that rarely ever happened.

"Hey, man," Blake smiled.

"Hey. Come in," Sebastian gestured, opening the door wider for Blake to walk through.

He then held out the folder. "Just came here to return this."

Sebastian nodded, taking it from Blake's hands and then walked towards the coffee table to place it on.

"Did it help?" He asked.

"I think so," Blake replied. "I showed my father and some of the other guys, a presentation of how we could go about the expansion. He didn't dismiss it. That's probably as close as we're going to get to acceptance."

There weren't many moments that David Campbell had openly expressed happiness at Blake's decisions. Not saying anything at all, had become a more positive response now.

Sebastian frowned at Blake's words. "Why don't you tell your Dad that this isn't want you want?"

Back at University, and even in high school, Sebastian had always known Blake to be more creative and have very different aspirations, than to lead the family company.

"Disagree with David Campbell? Heavens, no. My mother would be clutching her pearls," Blake joked.

There was a time where Blake did tell his parents what he really wanted to do, but that led to an ugly argument. It was also partly the reason he moved out.

That argument led to him not talking to his parents for weeks, and only after his mother came to him in tears, and emotionally blackmailed him, did Blake finally relent.

"Fuck off," Sebastian said with a smile. "I mean it, though. You're not happy doing this."

"It's too late now, Seb." Blake shrugged. "It's not all bad, I'm still learning and someday I'll take the reins," he then added with a smiled.