38

Blake felt miserable.

Ever since Nicole had visited his office and he'd behaved like that with her, he didn't like it. He didn't like himself very much in that moment either.

From that moment on, Nicole had not been in contact with him at all. There were no more messages or calls - and he checked every hour for them.

'Did she give up on him completely?' Blake wondered, scared at that thought.

He knew that he'd been the one who said that he'd stay away from her, but ever since she'd been trying, Blake couldn't help but admit that he sort of liked that she was chasing.

She was trying.

A part of him wasn't entirely sure on whether he could believe her. The sudden change in her. It was like the wind had changed the direction it blew in, but in a split second.

But now that Nicole had stopped, Blake thought that maybe it was a fluke. If she truly felt something for him on a deeper level, then she would continue to try for him.

He wasn't completely heartless. Blake knew that Nicole wasn't exactly one who was very open with her feelings - unless under the influence of alcohol.

She'd never openly tell you how she felt, unless you pried it out of her.

But he still wanted to see some kind of real effort from her. Something. Anything. Some kind of sign, or gesture from her, that would just tell him she felt what he'd been feeling for her.

It was sappy, but ever since Nicole had stormed her way into his life, well he'd been truly whipped from that moment.

He never really understood what Sebastian and Roman had been talking about, when it came to their significant others, until Nicole. But he got it now.

There was only her. Just her.

It made sense.

She was his Lychee, even if she still didn't remember it. He'd continue to keep that little meeting of theirs to himself, since he was a little scared her reaction wouldn't be pretty about it, and that was honestly one of his best memories.

He still wore that 'lucky' watch of his. He wore it always. Whenever with her.

The night of the blind date. Sebastian and Mia's wedding. Fight Night. His Date with Nicole. All significant moments he wore it, and ended up having a special moments with her.

It wasn't likely he'd see her tonight, but he missed her, and despite the watch not even being hers, it reminded him of her, and so Blake wore it.

Just as he was getting lost in his thoughts, Blake saw his phone screen light up with Mia's name.

"Mia?" He picked up the phone and answered a little confusedly, since it was pretty late for her to be calling.

"Blake, I need your help," her voice then sounded on the other end of the line, in a rather frightened tone, one that left him on edge.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Blake asked frantically.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just, I'm sort of stuck in the middle of nowhere," Mia then told him.

Blake was left incredibly confused.

"What?" He asked, wondering how she could be stranded, and also how Sebastian would ever let her be in this situation.

The man was always crazy protective - and possessive - over her.

"I'm meant to be meeting Sebastian for a date, but then the car broke down, and Moses is fixing it, so I thought to just walk it to the place, but now I don't know where I am. According to Sophie, Sebastian left his phone at the office as well. I don't know what to do, Blake," Mia breathlessly ranted over the phone.