Chapter 1

Another new book lol. This idea popped into my head after reading a really good fic yesterday anyways enjoy

The party was in full swing when I arrived. I scanned the room uneasily, feeling rather underdressed in my simple white sweater and black mini skirt. The truth was, I never really went to parties. My best friend, however, was well known for being at every single party, for dancing the hardest and drinking until she couldn't walk. 

And that's why I was there, leaning against the wall and surveying the room with extreme discomfort. Usually her boyfriend would stay sober enough to make sure she got home safe, but he was off with the soccer team doing some team bonding trip in a nearby city. So, as her best friend I got the job of babysitter dumped in my lap. 

Since it was her turn to host the weekly rager, I luckily knew where to go. If it had been at someone else's house ... I probably would have been driving around all night. I decided it would be best to find my friend, my heart rate spiking as I was bumped and jostled by the people dancing in the overcrowded room. I surveyed the damage and let out a low whistle. Her dad would be pissed if he came home to this. Luckily, he was away on a business trip and wasn't due back until the middle of next week.

I made my way to the stairs and was surprised to find them relatively clear, and climbed about halfway up to see around the room. In the center of the chaos, dancing rather sloppily with her arm slung around a girl who I couldn't quite make out, was Perrie.

Perrie Edwards, the life of the party, as well as the most well known and well liked person in the whole school I reckon. She and Alex were the power couple of the school. Always positive, always ready to help someone else out, it was impossible not to love her. I was thrust rather uncomfortably into the spotlight of the social scene a few years back when we became friends, but things had calmed down relatively quickly once they realized how quiet and boring I was. 

As I made my way through the crowd, I realized it was Leigh Anne who was dancing with her. Leigh Anne was just one step below queen bee, second only to Perrie. She was well known for having the clothes and the moves that left people drooling in her wake. She and Andre were most solid couple in the whole school, and there were multiple rumors that they'd end up getting married. I'm pretty sure most of them were started by Leigh Anne herself. 

Once I made it to the two girls, I tapped on Perrie's arm. She turned toward me, her eyes lighting up with recognition and surprise. "Jaaadore," she said happily, throwing her arms around me and sloshing her drink everywhere. "I didn't know you'd be here!"

"We planned for me to be here, remember?" I replied, choosing to ignore the alcohol dripping down my back. "So you will be safe."

"We did?" Perrie tilted her head to the side, the perfect replica of a confused puppy. "I don't remember."

I rolled my eyes, sliding out of her embrace. "Of course you don't," I sighed, looking around at the horde of people. "Some party."

But Perrie wasn't listening. She continued to blabber on, her eyes focusing and unfocusing. "You don't like parties. I'm shocked y'know. It smells weird in here. You smell weird Jadore. Where'd my drink go?"

She began to search the people near her, including Leigh Anne. "Get off me woman!" Leigh Anne said, flailing her arms and dropping her drink. "I'm going to get a new one." She marched into the crowd, decidedly less drunk than Perrie was. 

"Do you want a drink Jadore?" Perrie asked, her eyes bright with excitement. I decided not to comment on the overuse of my nickname and instead shook my head. "Sorry Pez, gotta stay sober," I reminded her. I should probably put the fact that I don't really drink out there. I don't really see the point in getting so drunk that you lose control. 

Perrie's bottom lip began to quiver. "Please?" She asked quietly. 

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose in frustration. Somehow, I could never say no to her. "Fine," I reluctantly agreed. "But just one."

Perrie clapped her hands, her bad mood gone in an instant. "Yay!" She cheered, moving to take a step forward and almost pitching face first onto the floor. I was quick to save her, slipping an arm around her back for support as we made our way into the kitchen. I was not surprised to see the doors to the expansive liquor cabinet wide open and various bottles all over the otherwise pristine counters. My unease grew tenfold as she grabbed a half empty bottle of Grey Goose and held it out to me. 

"I - uh," I said rather eloquently as I stared at the bottle, "what?"

"Hold," Perrie instructed, somehow making more sense than me even though she was drunk. I took the bottle from her and watched as she rummaged around in a drawer, coming up triumphantly brandishing two red plastic cups. She set the cups down on the counter, accidentally knocking them over a second later as went to turn back to me. 

"Oops," she giggled, slumping back against the counter as I set the bottle down and righted the cups. 

"Right, so how are we doing this?" I asked, already regretting my decision to have a drink. Perrie opened the refrigerator and, after a minute of scouring its insides, shut the door and showed me the carton of orange juice. 

"Are we gonna ... mix them?" I asked, not wanting my love for orange juice to be squandered if I didn't like the way it tasted mixed with the alcohol. 

"No, silly Jadore," Perrie laughed. "Watch." She grabbed the bottle of grey goose and poured some of it into the cup. My eyes widened as she tipped her head back and emptied the contents of the cup into her mouth in one fluid motion, allowing her face to scrunch up in distaste for a second before she took the lid off the orange juice and drank it straight from the carton. She then poured the alcohol into my cup and handed it to me, that wide smile never leaving her face.

I stared into the cup for a long second, regretting my decision entirely. When Perrie cleared her throat in impatience I quickly gulped down the vodka, wincing as I swallowed it. The grimace stayed on my face as I realized the foul taste of it still lingered in my mouth. I made frantic grabbing motions for the orange juice, extreme relief washing over me as I gulped it down. 

I wiped my mouth with my sleeve, looking back up at Perrie. That had to be one of the most ungraceful drinks ever taken in the history of drinking. Once the initial disgust wore off, I found myself wanting more. "Another," I said, and her eyes brightened with excitement. She this time handed me the bottle, and I took a long swig, cringing as the taste entered my mouth. I didn't wait as long this time to drink the orange juice, smiling as a fuzzy feeling began to overtake me. 

Perrie let out a delighted squeal as a song began to play from the other room. "Dance, Jadore!" She grabbed my arm and pulled me into the crowd, the bottle of Grey Goose still in my hand. I was dragged back to where she had been dancing before, in the middle of the crowd. However, the last time I was in this spot with her I had been very uncomfortable and sober. This time, I was neither of those things. 

As the night wore on I danced harder than I had in the longest time, maybe ever in my life. Every so often I would turn to the bottle in my hand to keep me going. I quickly became as wasted as Perrie. I kept stumbling around and bumping into people, all the while hollering the lyrics to whatever song was on at the top of my lungs. I lost track of Perrie at one point, and it took me several minutes to find her again. 

Sounds all fun and sort of innocent, right? Well, not really that innocent. It wasn't. Because I lost control that night, I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life. 

How are we liking everything so far? If you read the story description, I'm guessing you can tell me what the "big mistake" is. Anywho. Thank you all for reading and I hope you'll stick around for this angsty, emotional rollercoaster that I'm about to take you all on. Happy reading!