cloud 9 // kenma x oc // request

Comincia dall'inizio

"I will happily join you on that."

"Bet."

Kuroo slowed down as they reached Chikao's apartment building, which notified the other two that they had arrived. Chikao ran up to his door, reached into his pocket, and sighed. "I forgot my keys," he said slowly. "I left them at school."

"Oh, damn, really?" Kuroo said, raising his eyebrows as he realized all the possibilities that could come from this situation. "Well, it looks like the only option is for you to stay with Kenma for the night!"

"Or I could get my keys from the school—"

"Nope, you gotta stay with Kenma. It's the only option."

Chikao didn't bother to answer Kuroo, and instead turned to Kenma for backup. Kenma, however, was staring daggers at Kuroo.

Nevertheless, his words were just as sweet as they always were when he spoke to Chikao. "Yeah, you can spend the night at my place if you need to."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, he's sure," Kuroo said for him.

"Kenma?" Chikao wanted to make sure with him.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I probably have some clothes that can fit you, too."

"Ah, okay, thank you, Kenma!"

~~~

Chikao was sitting on Kenma's bed, holding up his Nintendo Switch as he played Animal Crossing. Kenma was sitting on a chair by the wall, playing the same game.

"You know you can sit over here, right?" Chikao said, patting the part of the bed next to him. "It's your bed."

"Do you want me to sit over there?"

"Yeah."

"Okay." Kenma stood up from the chair and made his way over to his bed, then laid down perpendicular to Chikao just so he could use his stomach as a pillow. "You're very comfortable to lay on."

"Thanks."

A buzz came from Chikao's phone and he reached for it. He both sighed and rolled his eyes when he read the contact name (which was not Chikao's own doing. Kuroo had stolen his phone to put the contact name in).

kuroo-san ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (aka the best senpai)
confess ur love for him
(11:47 pm)

chikaooo
akhdjsjd no
(11:48 pm)

kuroo-san ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (aka the best senpai)
why not ;-;
(11:48 pm)

chikaooo
what if he doesn't like me 😔😔
(11:48 pm)

kuroo-san ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (aka the best senpai)
bruh stop worrying about him, u like him don't u? so stop being a coward and ✨confess ur love✨
(11:49 pm)

chikaooo
ok ok maybe i will 👀👀
(11:50 pm)

"Who was that?" Kenma asked, not bothering to look up from his Switch.

"Just Kuroo."

"Oh. You can invite him over if you want."

"It's fine. I think I like spending time alone with you." As soon as the words left Chikao's mouth, his cheeks heated up, realizing too late what he was saying. Oops.

"Good. Me too," Kenma answered quietly.

Internally, Chikao was screaming his lungs out. He had basically just, like, confessed his love for Kenma, and Kenma agreed with what he said.

chikaooo
oh man i accidentally told him i liked spending time with him alone and he aGREED
(11:53 pm)

kuroo-san ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (aka the best senpai)
what kinda y/n stuff is this
(11:54 pm)

Kenma shifted his body so that he was cuddling Chikao's side, rather than just laying his head on him. He fit himself perfectly into the crook of his arm without even having to try, all while still playing Animal Crossing. He put his Switch right by Chikao's chest so he could look at it while being in his arms.

chikaooo
HES CUDDLING ME NOW WHAT DO I DO
(11: 56 pm)

kuroo-san ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (aka the best senpai)
CUDDLE HIM BACK BRO he craves affection
oh and like,, play with his hair he LOVES that
i gotchu B)
(11: 57 pm)

Warily deciding to accept Kuroo's advice, Chikao moved his free hand over to Kenma's hair and ran his fingers through it. "Your hair is really soft and pretty," he said.

"Thank you," Kenma answered, voice calm as ever. He snuggled closer to Chikao, pausing his game so he could put his arm over his chest and hug him.

Still gently playing with Kenma's hair, Chikao felt an overwhelming urge to kiss him on the forehead, or hold his hand, or hug him and never let go. However, Chikao knew he couldn't do that—at least, not yet. He wanted to, though, and a dash of confidence swept over him without warning. "Hey, Kenma?"

"Yeah?"

"What are you thoughts on, uh, dating? And love?"

"Oh, um—"

"I'm sorry, I know it's a stupid question, you don't have to answer." There went his confidence.

"No, it's not a stupid question. I think I . . . like the idea of dating and love, but only with certain people, I guess. Er, a certain person."

"Oh." So Kenma liked someone. A frown formed on Chikao's face as he realized it probably wasn't him. "That makes sense."

"Yeah."

"If you don't mind me asking, who? Maybe I can help you talk to them," Chikao offered, taking the opportunity to try and be a good friend. "Do they go to Nekoma?"

"Yeah."

"What's their name?"

"Oh, um . . . his name is Chikao."

"Wait, there's another Chikao at Nekoma?"

Kenma sighed, but laughed too. "No, it's you, Chikao."

His eyes went wide. "Wait, really?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, man, that's such a relief, I was so worried you liked someone other than me."

"Why?"

Chikao took a second to respond as he let himself
comprehend everything that was happening. "I like you too, Kenma."

"You do?"

"Yeah!" A smile appeared on Chikao's face as he spoke. "I have for a little while now, at least since the start of the school year, I think."

"We're both too oblivious for our own good, I guess."

"Yeah," Chikao said, running his fingers through Kenma's hair once more. An idea suddenly popped into his head, and it was out of his mouth before he had a chance to react. "Can I hold your hand?"

Kenma grabbed his hand rather than answering and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Of course."

~~~

The next morning, Chikao woke up with Kenma next to him and reached for his phone with the hand that wasn't being cuddled by Kenma. (For real, Kenma was hugging Chikao's other arm like a stuffed animal.)

chikaooo
ooh sorry for not responding last night lol
kenma confessed ??? his feelings ??? for me ???
and then we fell asleep cuddling 😳
(10:23 am)

kuroo-san ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (aka the best senpai)
i told you it would work out ✨✨
see this is why you always gotta listen to your senpais
(10:24 am)

chikaooo
mhm okay
(10:24 am)

Chikao shut off his phone and curled in closer to Kenma, smiling to himself. He was happiest with him.