cloud 9 // kenma x oc // request

zinkzonk-zoe , here's your one-shot !! i'm so sorry this took so long :( but thank you for the request! this was soo fun to write. especially kuroo lmao

note: chikao is zoë's oc, not mine.

i hope you enjoy :)

~~~

Chikao clutched the straps of his backpack as he walked out of the school. It was a Friday right before a holiday, so the volleyball team didn't have practice. That meant he had to wait for Kenma and Kuroo to find him in the courtyard so that they could walk home together like they did every day. Chikao's house was on the way to Kuroo's and Kenma's, and they were neighbors, so it worked out.

"Chikao!"

His head whipped around at the sound of Kenma's soft voice. He was excited and took off running towards him, which was a rare sight since Kenma hated running. Kuroo jogged behind him, cursing at him for making him run. "You're going to get to see him anyway, why'd you have to run, Kenma?"

"Shut up."

"Ohh, I get it. You're excited to get to see your boyf—"

"Shut up!" Kenma said as he caught his breath. He turned to Chikao. "Hi."

"Hi, Kenma," Chikao answered. "Hi, Kuroo."

Now that the three of them were together, they started walking. Chikao admired the beautiful, partly cloudy sky above him, and every now and then, he snuck a few glances at Kenma to absorb all of his beauty, which was way more than the sky's. His brown and blonde hair were down by his head as normal, and his bangs were hanging in front of his face as he played Animal Crossing on his device. He was chewing on his bottom lip unconsciously, something he always did when he was focused, Chikao had noticed.

Kuroo snuck around Kenma to approach Chikao. "Soo, how's it going between you two?" he whispered.

"Shush, he'll hear you!"

"He has his earbuds in, we'll be fine. He's listening to BTS right now."

"Oh. Well, it's going alright, I guess?"

"You guess?"

"Nothing's really changed, except for my feelings. I think, every day when I see him, I fall further and further in love with him, if that's not too dramatic."

"That's sweet," Kuroo said, keeping his voice low. "Have you told him this?"

"You say that like it's something I actually have the courage to do. Of course I haven't told him."

"Damn. You should."

"Man, are you crazy?" Chikao hissed. "What if he doesn't like me back? Then he would start avoiding me and it would ruin our friendship and I wouldn't have you two anymore."

"That won't happen."

"You don't know thattt."

Kuroo stayed quiet for a moment. "Will you at least start a conversation with him? Please? For meee?"

"Fine." Chikao tapped on Kenma's shoulder and he pulled out an earbud. "Do you want to talk or do you want to keep playing Animal Crossing?"

"It's okay, we can talk. How are you, Chikao?"

"I'm good! School was really tiring, so it's nice to be able to talk to you now."

"Yeah, same. My day was kinda trash before this. School sucks."

"Sure does. But, now we have a week-long holiday to do whatever the heck we want. Which means unlimited Animal Crossing for you," Chikao joked.

"And all the time in the world to watch every anime on Netflix."