slow dancing in the dark // kuroken

oKay hi,, so i wrote this thing intending for it to be like,, a superhero/supervillain au but that didn't really work out sO,, everyone who reads this, pleasee let me know what you think should happen next lol (it can be superhero related or not lol it doesn't really matter)

bUt i did kinda like what i wrote here so like,, yeah idk

also this was inspired by @/val_kurry's femboy hooters au on instagram !! the kuroken section really slaps tbh

anywayss here you go, gimme your thoughts lol

jfc this is not my style at all

~~~

"Are you tired yet?" Kuroo asked, voice soft as he overlooked the river. He and Kenma were sitting on a small, grassy slope that was next to a bridge and a river, just a few miles outside of the city. The bright lights and tall towers were still visible from where they were sitting. "You want to go home?" he said.

"No," Kenma answered slowly. He fidgeted with his hands for a tender, silent moment before looking up at the city, the lights twinkling in his yellow eyes. "Kuroo, are we friends?"

"Do you think we are?"

"I don't know. We're not really strangers. I guess I'm just wondering, why do you stick around? You could leave easily whenever you wanted to. It's not like I make it hard." Kenma took once glance at Kuroo to see his reaction. "Sorry, sorry. I know it's a weird thing to ask."

"It's not. And I stick around because I like you. Simple as that."

"What do you mean?"

"Huh?"

"What do you mean, you like me?"

"What?"

In a moment of just as much bravery as impatience, Kenma leaned forward and grabbed Kuroo's cheeks gently, and then pulled him in for a kiss. It was quick, and Kenma didn't hesitate to stand up and start walking away as soon as he pulled his lips from Kuroo's. Kenma made it all the way to the bridge before Kuroo finally overcame his shock and ran over to him, grabbing his wrist with one of his hands and pulling him into another kiss—a real one, this time.

Kuroo put his hand on Kenma's cheek and he leaned into it, appreciating the touch. The wind howled past them and the river water carried on normally, as if nothing strange was happening, but, as cliche as it sounds, fireworks were going off in Kenma's head, lighting up the wonderful few seconds in which the kiss was happening and implanting it into his memory with every boom, every bright explosion. And just like fireworks, the feeling faded quickly, leaving a ghost of it.

Kenma left Kuroo's lips in a gasp of air, panting lightly and looking up into his dark eyes. Kuroo smiled down at him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders gently.

"Now do you know how I like you, Kitten?"

Kenma rolled his eyes at the pet name, though he didn't necessarily hate it. He stayed standing still, with Kuroo's arm around his shoulder and the wind blowing through his hair. For a few seconds, the only sounds were those of his own breathing, the wind, and the river beneath the bridge and Kuroo were still standing on. In the distance, a siren roared, a harsh reminder that they were still near the bright city. The blonde winced at the sound.

"Kenma," Kuroo said under his breath.

"Yes?"

"Do you—um, do you promise you'll stick around?"

Kenma remained quiet for a few seconds, debating his answer in his head. "I try not to make promises I don't know I can keep."

"Oh, okay." Kuroo looked upset for a moment before popping back up and returning to his usual, cocky self. "Let me walk you home."

~~~

(this is where i need help OAHDIDJ)