you // kuroaka

kuroaka is in fact my comfort ship right now so i decided to write this. i wasn't really sure where i wanted it to go and it took me so long because i wrote the first 2000 words in one day, didnt know how to continue, forgot about it, and then wrote the last 1400 words three weeks later. i dont know if it makes sense or if it gives off the energy i want it to, and theres so much going on so like ahhh, but i hope you like it !! also i believe in akaashi kpop stan supremacy.

in the scene where akaashi is listening to music on his walk, the songs i imagined him listening to were fear by current joys, valentine's day by lany, and this morning by picture this. feel free to picture your own songs !

song: either you by troye sivan or you by the 1975. either works.

~~~

The memories flickered across Akaashi's mind. He blinked them away, trying to focus on the book in his hands, but his imagination wouldn't stop. It was scary how realistic it could be. The sound of laughter, the scent, even the sights were slowly creeping over his mind and replacing the thought of his book at all.

Soon Akaashi was no longer in his apartment. He was smiling, the sound of laughter and music and cheering too loud for any other sounds to come through. The smell of sweat, smoke, cologne was abundant, but bits of apple scent filtered through into Akaashi's nose. People drifted in and out of his peripheral vision, moving around like a school of fish. Next to him, one person stayed put, moving with the music but staying close. And directly in front of him, the band was performing on stage, lights flashing with the beat dramatically.

Akaashi could feel the sweat sitting lightly on his skin, present enough to be noticeable but not yet annoying. He could feel his hands in the air and the nice breeze that drifted past, and he could feel when he accidentally bumped into another person. He ran a hand through his hair to brush it back and looked around happily, the smile on his face brighter than it had been since before he could remember.

When he looked to the side, the facade fell, and Akaashi opened his eyes to see his apartment walls. There was no concert, no apple cologne, and nobody next to him. He was shaking slightly, not expecting to see who he saw. Though, he didn't know what he expected, since he went to the concert with that person.

He took a deep breath and returned to his book. He and Bokuto broke up for a reason, there was no need to dwell on the past now.

~~~

The day at work had been dreadfully uneventful, which was both good and bad. It meant that Akaashi was left unbothered to read, but it also meant that Akaashi was so bored he had to read for his whole shift. He enjoyed reading, but not for eight hours.

He had clocked in at 11 that morning, which was when he usually came in. Konoha worked from 9 am to 1 in the afternoon, since he worked multiple jobs, so he left Akaashi to do the afternoon shift. It was quiet and peaceful, and when the bookstore was empty Akaashi got to change the usually lofi they played to Kpop. He didn't even like Kpop that much, but it made him laugh a little whenever a customer would walk in and hear Criminal by Taemin playing over the speakers.

It had been almost an hour since anyone had walked in, so there was Kpop on the speakers. Akaashi wasn't sure what song it was, but it was by TWICE, so it was good. He danced a little while he walked around the bookstore, pulling incorrectly-place books off of the shelf to move them. As he grabbed one bright red book from the shelf, cringing at how misplaced it was (it was supposed to go in the young adult section, but instead was in the biographies), he noticed a paper sticking out of it. The paper was crisp and grey, obviously not a page from the book, so Akaashi grabbed it.