Chapter 17/My Queen

"Harrington."I sighed loudly staring at him. "Stay in the car Elizabeth." I said still looking at Steve. I opened the car door as Steve backed up a little.

"Hargrove. Nice to see you. I haven't seen you since my ass kicking party on Saturday."

"Yeah it was fun for about an hour not much fun after that though..." I shrugged sarcastically.

"Better than your nonexistent parties." Steve said without hesitation.

Fuck that was a good slam.

"So what are you and the princess doing here?" Steve asked not giving me enough time to throw something back at him.

"Princess?" I asked.

"Yes Elizabeth." He said like I was dumb for not knowing what he meant. "Honestly I am surprised Hargrove that she chose a slum like you over me-" Steve stopped talking as he realized how close I got to him.

"Elizabeth is not a princess. Elizabeth Callahan is my Queen."

Steve looked at me straight in my eyes with confusion and fear.

"Chill out man." Steve stepped back. "Damn." He huffed.

I stepped away not knowing what came over me. I didn't say that because I meant it, I said it because I am the King now. She is the Queen. Not MY Queen, it's not like we are actually dating.

What the fuck am I doing convincing myself right now?

"Well whatever." Steve said knocking me out of my thoughts. "I'll see you tomorrow after school." Steve walked away to his car.

When Steve drove away I finally realized what he was referring to; baseball tryouts are tomorrow after school. The point of getting French Braids on my arm was so I could be the team captain without even breaking a sweat.

I heard steps come my way and regained my composure. I looked towards Elizabeth.

"What did he want?" She asked.

I sighed lightly. That means she didn't hear me. That's a relief.

"To just pick a fight." I rolled my eyes. I had the urge to snatch a cigarette out of my pocket and smoke, but realized I still haven't grabbed any at the store where the cashier lets me get away with it as long as I slip him a twenty.

"Let's go." I turned away getting into my car.

I watched French Braids hurry to her side and slip in.

"Wait where are we going." She said swiftly putting her seatbelt on.

"I'm taking you home." I said in a 'duh' voice.

"No! You can't." I paused.

"What do you mean 'no'?" I asked her confused then continue to slowly look her way.

"My dad." She said quietly looking down.

I smiled. She does look like a cute little princess though. I reach towards her and lift her chin with the tip of my index finger until she is eye to eye with me. "Looks like you're stuck with me for awhile then." I whispered staring at her lips.

Her cheeks turned pink and her eyes go wide. I smirked trying to suppress my smile.

"What are you doing?" She whispered at me looking into my blue eyes I still stared at her plum dark pink lips.

"What do you mean French Braids?" I said my finger sitting on the bottom of her chin.

"Will you kiss me again?"