Chapter 26/Breathlessly Beautiful

Billy POV

"Why did you?" The second she finally spoke I lifted my head.

"Why did I what?"

"Why did you leave?" Elizabeth folded her arms across her chest. My mouth went dry and my stomach started to twist into knots. "B?" I looked back at her eyes and she had concern written all over her face. "Are you okay? You look pale." As she said those words the room started to shake and I sat back on the sofa my knees weak. I tried to focus on one spot in the room. Elizabeth sat next to me, touched my shoulder, and leaned down looking at my face. My body enlightened into flames. Her big brown eyes wide staring up at me, her long curly brown hair falling down behind her, and her small hand lightly touching my shoulder. Her touch was gentle, but stern in a way to make sure I wouldn't fall. Her full dark pink lips parted slightly and I wanted to kiss her so badly, but I had no idea if I was allowed to. That never stopped me before, but it is different with French Braids. "You look a little bit better." She murmured. "I should finish cleaning your wounds before they get infected." Elizabeth then turned her attention back to the table and I watched her like I did before. "But Billy...I still want an answer." French Braids let the cotton pad and rubbing alcohol sit in her lap and she turned to me waiting for me to answer.

"Okay." I breathed out roughly. "Remember when we were in the creative writing room?" Her body stiffened and she nodded. "You remember when I said 'fuck the rules'." French Braids nodded again. "I didn't mean it in that moment." I watched Elizabeth's face fall and a shooting pain clashed through my heart. "But...then I felt it in my room Wednesday night." I was holding my breath and I wasn't sure if I passed out and was dreaming this. The room looked and I felt hazy too.

"What? You felt what?" Elizabeth's head tilted. I choked on my words not sure what to say so I went with what I was thinking again.

"Am I allowed to kiss you?" French Braids looked at me confused.

"That is what you felt?"

"No French Braids. That is what I have been wondering this whole time. If I am allowed to look at you. Touch you. Kiss you." I paused. "I really hope that I haven't lost you forever Elizabeth...because I think I'm in love with you." It was silent for the quickest moment.

"Billy." She breathed my name on her lips. It was so delicate. So breathlessly beautiful. "I think I am falling in love with you too." I must be passed out. There is no fucking way that this goddess just said that. How could someone like Elizabeth be falling in love with me. No not someone like Elizabeth, Elizabeth Callahan is the person that is falling in love with me.

"Are you serious?" I asked. It was stupid and unlike me to doubt, but I was. I doubted all of this. That she let me in tonight. That she cleaned my wounds gently. That she said she was falling for me. That I am falling for her. This was all so...abnormal. At least for me.

"Yeah." Her voice cracked. The corners of my lips turned up slightly and the pain of my busted lip was just an illusion. She looked down into her lap and smiled shyly. I wanted to see her smile, but she was hiding it. "Let's finish this." She grabbed the cotton pad and rubbing alcohol from her lap and continued to clean my injuries. I hid my smile as I couldn't take my eyes off her, now that I knew the truth. Know that I knew what she was feeling, about me. It was too surreal.

***

The door bell rang and Elizabeth darted off, not before grabbing the twenty off the wood table. I sat on a stool that was placed in front of an island and Elizabeth told me what I missed in class Thursday and Friday. As much as I wanted to tackle French Braids and go to war with her I waited. I don't want our relationship to be based all on physical feelings-even though that is how it started out-I wanted to rebuild our foundation.

"Oh my god it smells amazing." Elizabeth strolled into the kitchen breathing in the scent of the pizza with her eyes closed. I watched her set it down and when she opened it the heat and aroma overwhelmed me. Elizabeth ordered a double cheese pizza with roasted minced garlic. "This is the best combination." She declared. "Prove me wrong." She urged me me to take a slice. I did as she said and her big brown eyes watched me intently. I moved the pizza slice into my mouth and bit down. The gooey cheese exploded in my mouth and the garlic gave it a tang. It gave the pizza the perfect personality while keeping the classic cheese. I pulled the pizza away as it was stringy. It broke and I slurped up the remains hanging out of my mouth. "You love it!" She exclaimed. And I did. I smiled while she took her own slice and she bounced on her toes as she took her first bite. I small chuckle left my throat. Her gaze went to me and she swallowed thickly. "What?" I stood up and made my way over to her. Placed my hands on her wrists and moved them away from her face and leaned in. "Billy." She whispered my name. My eyes were mesmerized by her lips, but I stopped and looked into her eyes. They were soft and they told me 'stop'.

"Sorry." I let go and stepped back. She put her pizza down and wiped her hands. I sat back onto the stool with my back to the table using it to lean on. Expecting her to stay on the other side of the island I grabbed the water she poured for me earlier. Instead she made her way to me and took the water out of my hand. She took a sip and she locked eyes with me. After placing the glass on the table she got closer and ended up on my lap with her legs wrapped around my waist. I held onto her waist and tried to keep my hands off her ass. "Elizabeth." I was gasping for air. She moved her hand to my cheek and neck holding it. She stared into my blue ocean eyes. She moved her lips to mine and they slowly brushed mine. I held in the moan. This was torture. Her lips felt like velvet. Beautiful red velvet. I didn't touch her, I let her take the lead.

"I know you have been holding back Billy." She whispered in my ear. Her warm breath sent electricity through my whole body. She leaned back and gave me an intense look. "Don't." My lips parted. She didn't have to tell me twice. I moved my lips back onto her and kissed her gently then finally moved my hands to her ass. I stood and she kept her legs wrapped around me. I walked out of the kitchen and to the stairs.

"Where's your bed-"

"Second door on the left B." We were out of breath and we hated the idea of leaving each other's lips even just for a moment. I carried her as if she was a porcelain doll and I didn't want to break her as I made my way up the stairs. She kissed me her hands on the back of my neck. She wasn't aggressive or needy. She was gentle, but fast. My entire body was on fire. I entered Elizabeth's bedroom and disconnected our lips as I laid her down onto the bed. I pulled my jacket off as she watched. She was so gorgeous.

"French Braids."

I love you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How are you enjoying it?

Don't forget to...

Vote!

Comment!

Follow!

Share!

Love you all my beautifuls!

XOXO

Pink Kitty