Chapter 14/I'm Ready

Billy POV

"You have a sister?" Elizabeth asked with confusion written all over her face.

"Yeah what of it?" I scoffed.

I heard Elizabeth do a little laugh and snapped my head towards her with a glare.

"I'm sorry...," She giggled, " it's just...you Billy Hargrove the King of Hawkins High has a little sister." Elizabeth stated. "I mean it seems a little cliche don't you think?"

"What?" I asked not following anything that she was saying.

"You are the bad boy and you are suppose to be mean and have a bad reputation and not care about anything...but then you have a...a little sister...and she is adorable."

"Oh my god shut up. She is not." I rolled my eyes and put the car in reverse getting ready to leave the crowded parking lot.

I definitely don't want anyone to overhear our conversation. Everyone probably knows that I have a sister, but I don't like to talk about it. It's not like Maxine is my real sister. We are only related by marriage which isn't going to last long anyways, so why even bother worrying about  having a sister in the first place.

"So when can I meet her?" Elizabeth asked.

"Meet who?"

"Your sister!" She shouted in a 'duh' voice.

"Hey!" I shouted back at her with aggression.

No one yells at me.

I glanced at her and saw fear written all over her face.

Dammit.

"Don't shout while I'm driving." I said quietly.

Elizabeth didn't say anything when I glanced over at her again she was staring out the window and looked like she was barely breathing.

The rest of the ride to her house she didn't say a word or even move in her seat. When I pulled up to her house and put the car in park she immediately hopped out of the car.

The fuck is wrong with me?

I cut the ignition and followed after her. Before she could get far I grabbed a hold of her wrist and stopped her from walking away.

"French Braids." She didn't turn around to look at me, but she also didn't pull away. "Look...I didn't mean to shout at you. I'm-" I stopped. "Come on." I pulled on her arm lightly.

I couldn't say it.

Not to her.

Not unless my life depended on it.

I would never.

The last time I said those three words I almost died.

***Flashback***

"Why did she do this to me?" My Father cried. "Why?" My Father said a little more calmer. "There has to be a specific reason..." He started to pace the room.

I was about 12 years old sitting in the corner of our small living room reading a book. My Mother left us about a couple days ago and told us she was never coming back. I was still in shock. I begged her to take me with her, but my Father wouldn't let me go. He said, 'If you want to be with your son so bad you will stay with me!' That was the last time I saw her.

"How could I have been so stupid?" I heard my Father say loudly. He has been drinking ever since that day. He goes to work sober enough to act normal, but then he comes home and drinks until he passes out. "Of course." I looked up from my book and saw my Father's big brown eyes piercing into my own staring down at me his face filled with rage and anger. "It's you."