Prologue

"All I want is for us to be together, happy, safe. Please, please don't go," Ivy begged him.

"It's too late now, love. We had that chance, remember? We had the chance to leave it all behind and let them think we were in the rubble of a bombing. It's too late for that now. They know who we are, we can't escape ourselves and we can't escape this war. It's our destiny," Uli held her hands in his.

"No, you're wrong. Our destiny is whatever we make it. Yes, they know who we are and they could come after us, but isn't it worth it to try?" Ivy asked, but he shook his head. "Uli, if you go you will die! Please, don't do this. Don't go, you will die, you will risk your life for a mission that is impossible to survive! We need you. I need you! Please..." she was nearly in tears.

"This is what I was meant to do, and you were meant to be with our leaders. Go, you go in that bunker and you will be safe with our Führer. We were born for this Ivy, and I dream of the day I end this war for our country. I can't stop flying and fighting now. It's our dream, don't fear the outcome," he assured her.

"It's not my dream! I didn't want this, I didn't think it would last this long... I didn't dream of this! Please don't go. Please..." tears began streaming down her cheeks.

"I love you, be safe. Keep the children safe and tell the twins how much I love them. Goodbye, love," he kissed her.

Author's Note:

This prologue does not precede the  story, but rather, it foreshadows it. It's a piece taken from later on in the book.

Also, If you're reading this and you haven't read the previous book "From Darkness," I highly suggest reading that book first to understand the story and characters.