Chapter Fifteen ~ Just Get Rest

Start from the beginning

"SILENCE, EVERYONE, PLEASE." Iida shouted over the noise. Everyone shut up and turned their attention to him. "The class representative's duty is to lead others. That's not something just anyone can do. You must first have the trust of everyone in the classroom. Therefore, the most logical way to fulfil this position is democratically. We will hold an election to choose our leader." He threw his hand up in the air, his fingers so tight together it looked like they were permanently glued.

"It's pretty obvious you want us to vote for you." I commented, coming out of my feathered protection, and the whole class agreed.

"Is this really the best idea?" Kaminari asked.

Asui nodded, pressing her finger to her cheek. "We've only known each other for a few days. How do we know who we can trust?"

"Besides," Kirishima added, "Everyone will just vote for themselves."

Iida's hand dropped. "Most people will! But that means whoever does receive multiple votes would truly be the most suitable person for the job." He turned to Aizawa, who had just zipped himself up into his yellow sleeping bag. "It's the best way, right sir?"

Aizawa shrugged. "Do what you want, just decide before my nap's over." And with that he fell to the side, onto the ground with a loud thud.

I flinched and turned to Todoroki with a confused expression. "What the crap is happening?" I whisper-yelled to him. He replied with a shrug.

Only a few minutes later, the election results were in. I didn't get any votes, and Todoroki got one. Which may or may not have been me. At the top of the list... was Midoriya.

"How did I get three votes?!" The boy in question exclaimed from his seat.

Bakugou stood up. "OKAY, YOU IDIOTS. WHO VOTED FOR HIM?!"

"What? Did you honestly think anyone was gonna vote for you?" Sero commented.

Bakugou started yelling about what he just said, but I glanced over at Iida. He looked so irritated. "Zero votes..." He mumbled. "I feared this might happen, but I can't argue with a system I chose."

Momo frowned at him. "So you voted for someone else, huh?"

Next to Todoroki, Sato spoke up. "You knew it was best to vote for yourself, right? What were you trying to prove here Iida?"

I saw Todoroki close his eyes, as if he was annoyed by the idiocy around him. I giggled at him, and his eyes opened, giving me a small smile.

Midoriya walked up to the front of the room, and was visibly shaking in his shoes when Aizawa said, "Alright, the class representative is Midoriya. And our deputy is Yaoyorozo." She came in second place, and I could see she was disappointed.

"Really?" Midoriya questioned, still shaking. "It's.. it's not a mistake?"

"Ughhh." Momo complained. "How'd this happen?"

"This might not be so bad." Asui commented.

Kirishima smiled. "Yeah, I can get behind Midoriya I guess."

I smiled up at the scared boy standing in front of all his classmates, and gave him a reassuring thumbs up. He saw me, and nervously smiled. I winked at him, mouthing the words, 'you got this.'

Todoroki and I were sitting next to each other on the same side of a table at lunch time, when something crazy happened. A loud bell began ringing in the speakers overhead.

"What is that?!" I asked, a hint of fear in my voice.

Then, a female started to speak over the ringing. "Warning. Level 3 security breach. All students please evacuate the building in an orderly fashion."