Chapter Two ~ The Sky After It Rained

Akiara's POV

It has been a week after the entrance exam, and I'm glad to say that I made it in! I'm so excited, especially because I'll be in the same class as Ochaco. Ochaco had made friends with that green-haired boy, and had found out his name was Izuku Midoriya, but people called him Deku.

Poor Midoriya, getting called worthless.

I now stood in front of the huge door to 1-A. It was quite intimidating, and definitely taller than me. It made sense to have a door this large. Some students' quirks could make them extremely tall, and this seemed to be a good solution, in addition to the high ceilings.

I opened the door and walked in. Several students were already seated at their desks, and that's when I spotted Ochaco. "Hey Ochaco!" I called, waving. The students who weren't in conversations turned my way as I skipped over to Ochaco.

"Oh! Hey there, Akiara! It's great to see you again." Ochaco said, smiling her face off.

I giggled. "Yeah no kidding, I'm glad I know someone."

Ochaco looked behind me and her eyes widened. "Oh! Look, there's Deku. I'm going to go talk to him." She grinned and made her way over to Midoriya. I waved to her with a smirk before scanning the room for an empty seat.

I spotted one right in front of a guy who's hair reminded me of a candy cane. I skipped over and plopped in the seat, turning around to face the guy. "Hi there!" I said cheerfully. "I'm Akiara Saki. What's your name?"

He looked rather shocked that I was speaking to him, to say the least. With a raised eyebrow he answered me, "Shoto Todoroki..."

I smiled. "It's wonderful to meet you! Aren't you just so excited to be here? I can't wait to become a hero! It's going to be so amazing!" I closed my eyes and imagined me flying around in the sky, next to other pro heroes, saving the day.

Todoroki nodded. "I guess..."

"You're not much of a talker, are you?" I asked with a questioning look on my face, my smile never fading.

Todoroki shrugged.

I studied his face. His eyes were so unique, but in a good way. "Your eyes are really pretty." I said bluntly, a sincere smile on my face.

Todoroki's ears turned pink. "Sor...sorry what?" He stared up at me.

"I said your eyes are really pretty! I love the color of the blueish one. It reminds me of the ocean or something." I smiled again, with a soft look in my eyes. I could tell that he didn't have many friends here. I could tell that he thought low of himself, and I won't allow any of my friends to feel like that, and this guy here has no choice but to be my friend. Once I put my mind to something, I stick to it.

"Thanks..." Todoroki said. He looked as if he was wondering if he should compliment me back. "Your uhm... your eyes kind of look like the sky after it rained?" He said, trying to muster up a compliment.

I laughed, and Todoroki's face became somewhat alarmed, though he tried to mask his expression. I noticed and waved my hands. "Oh, no, no! Don't think I was offended at all! I wasn't making fun of you. My mom says the same thing about my eyes, actually. She thinks it's funny, that my eyes look like a stormy day. Because I'm a complete ray of sunshine!" I stated, grinning from ear to ear.

"Mhm..." Todoroki said, trailing off.

I heard a few startled yells from the doorway, and I turned around. The teacher walked into the room in what looked like to be a... sleeping bag?

I leaned backwards to Todoroki. "Woah! Is that Eraserhead?! That's so cool! His quirk is so unique, but like... in a good way, you know?"

He didn't say anything back, just nodded.

The class began taking their seats.

"Akiara?!" A voice said behind me. I turned and was surprised to see my childhood best friend Momo Yaoyorozu.

"Momo?! You're in this class?! I didn't see you at the entrance exam." I said excitedly.

Momo nodded. "Yeah, I got in due to a recommendation. Same with Todoroki here." She pointed at Todoroki, who frowned a bit.

"Oh, cool!" I said.

"Okay class, settle down and listen up." Aizawa said, standing at the front of the classroom as everyone quieted down. I turned back around in my seat. "You could be going to the assembly taking place today, but you're not."

Distressed comments came from most of the students. I raised my hand and asked, "What? Why not?"

Aizawa didn't have any emotion written on his face except for annoyance. "Because we're going to test out your quirks."

I know, I know! Short chapter. The next one will be longer, I promise.

Stay peachy, y'all!

~Dream