Chapter Eleven ~ You Better Not

Here's the song for today's chapter! Sorry, I forgot to do it for the past few. This is actually one of my favorite songs.

Song: Hold My Hand
Artist: Jess Glynne

Todoroki's POV

"But that's what I enjoy about you."

My face turned bright red.

What the crap did I just say?!

Akiara's eyes widened and her ears turned pink. "Well... that's good to know, huh?" She chuckled nervously, and I was grateful to her for avoiding a very awkward conversation. "It wouldn't be very good if my new friend didn't enjoy my company, right?"

I gave her a soft smile. "Yeah..." I trailed off, too embarrassed to say anything else. Yeesh, all I've been doing lately is 'softly' smiling at her. It's like I can't help it, like it's natural or something. I mean, she does instantly make me want to smile. It's almost as if she has a whole other quirk, making people instantly happy. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Ojiro and a pair of gloves, which I assumed to be Hagakure, walked up to us.

"Saki?" Hagakure asked, a tone of question in her voice as she directed her pointer finger at the winged girl still squatting down on the ground. "Why are you down there?"

Akiara bounced back up to her feet. "Oh, um... nothing! I'm just... exhausted! Yeah. I'm really tired from today." She smiled nervously, hoping they would believe her lie. She seemed to slump her shoulders, creating the illusion she was tired.

I could tell perfectly well, that she was not tired in the slightest. She still had a sparkle in her cloudy eyes that shine right through the mask she was putting on.

"You guys did great during the mock battle, you guys." Ojiro complimented us. He turned to me. "Your quirk is amazing, Todoroki."

I nodded in gratitude. "Thank you."

"I know, right?!" Akiara said, her 'exhausted' expression replaced by excitement. "His quirk is so cool!" She pointed at me with a smile. "That right there is hero material."

I blushed slightly at her words.

"You guys did well, too." Akiara said to the invisible girl and tail man. "Even if you didn't really do anything."

"Yeah, sorry about that." I mumbled. I caught Akiara shooting me a playful glare as if to say, 'stop it with the apologizing you big baby.'

"Well, we're going to head inside. Sorry for interrupting your conversation." Ojiro said, did a quick bow, and the two of them were inside the monitoring room.

Then, it was just Akiara and I outside again. To say it was awkward was an understatement. I stared down at my shoes. "I um..." Akiara started, causing me to snap my head up to look at her instead. I could see hints of tears in her eyes, and my expression turned sympathetic. "You're so kind, and helpful. That's what I enjoy about you. You've assisted me a lot in just the past two days." She stared up into my eyes again. "So thank you."

I faintly smiled. "It's the least I could do. You're pulling me out of my turtle shell of solitude, so I should only be able to help you as well."

That's when she hugged me again. But this time, she didn't pull out of the embrace right away. I hesitated for a moment, before wrapping my arms around her back, under her wings, and pulling her tighter into the hug.

"Thanks." She said again.

We pulled away, and I flicked her shoulder. "Stop being a baby and quit saying thanks." I somewhat quoted her, my smile still on my face. She grinned and gave me a thumbs up.